Bug 143454 - Crash after dragging and dropping a table or query from treeview to sheet in Libreoffice Calc data sources view
Summary: Crash after dragging and dropping a table or query from treeview to sheet in ...
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 139447
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
(earliest affected) rc
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Depends on:
Reported: 2021-07-20 09:53 UTC by Sabine Kern
Modified: 2021-07-21 19:31 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Sabine Kern 2021-07-20 09:53:21 UTC
I tried to drag and drop a query or a table from LO Calc data sources treeview to the lower workssheet table. This causes an immediate crash of all running LO programs (Calc, Writer, Base). 

I tested the effect with a fresh installation of LO on Win7 without any additional MySql Connectors or other stuff. Crash can be produced with default Bibliography database as the simplest case.

I tested it with installed MySQLConnectors from mysql or mariadb and my own database on remote system while dragging and dropping  my own queries and tables. In this situation, I noticed the problem the first time. But the fresh install with default Bibliography is the simplest case to reproduce the bug. 

Steps to Reproduce:
1. In Libreoffice Calc: menu View -> Data sources. Opens the treeview with the default database Bibliography.

2. Drag and drop the table biblio to the lower spreadsheet.

3. In 90% of all cases, the drag and drop icon is visible. In these cases, all opened libreoffice programs (including Calc itself, but also Writer or Base) are crashing immediately after drag and drop and a file recovering report is displayed. In the remaining 10% of the cases, when no drag and drop icon on mouse cursor is visible nothing happens. But the drag and drop action is also not executed. In contrast to that, the drag and drop action from the loaded data table in the right upper table view to the spreadsheet always works as expected with a visible drag and drop icon. 

Actual Results:
Program crashes after drag and drop a table or query from data sources treeview in LO Calc to the lower spreadsheet. 

Expected Results:
The table content (loaded records from database) should be copied to spreadsheet as text. 

Reproducible: Sometimes

User Profile Reset: Yes

OpenGL enabled: Yes

Additional Info:
Version: (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a529a4fab45b75fefc5b6226684193eb000654f6
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19041; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: threaded
Comment 1 Julien Nabet 2021-07-21 19:31:19 UTC
It should be fixed from next release 7.1.5 which should be available in a few days (see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/7.1).
Let's put this one to DUPLICATE.

Of course, if you can still reproduce this with 7.1.5, don't hesitate to reopen this tracker.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 139447 ***