See bug https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=122530
I have no idea how Writer decides when to auto-save.
When auto-save starts, it locks the document I'm editing until the auto-save has completed, and it interrupts the editing. It can also take 30 seconds or more, completely destroying 'flow'. Its unpredictability is a problem.
Things I would like to know:
1. Is auto-saving something that is decided at some moment for all open documents? Or is it performed per document, independently?
2. When auto-save happens for one open doc, does that mean it will soon happen for other open docs?
3. Auto-save occurs at an interval the user can control: what is the start point for that period?
a) last auto-save for the document
b) last save of any type (auto or manual) for the document
c) last manual save for the document
d) any of a) - c), but only if the doc (any doc?) has been edited since 'last save'
e) last auto-save of the first doc opened
f) last auto-save of the first doc opened that's still open now
g) last save of any type, for the first doc opened;
I'm speculating because I still haven't identified the pattern despite tens of thousands of hours of use of LO)
4. When is the auto-save deleted (I assume there is only a single auto-save for each open document)
5. Maybe include a high level statement of what the feature is meant to achieve. Initially I thought it mean "How many minutes of work on a document do I want to risk losing if LO crashes?", but I'm not sure if it really means that or not.
Basically, I'd like to know when Writer will decide to auto-save so I can try to save manually and thus avoid having it kick in and interrupt my workflow
Please note that I really appreciate the feature for those cases where I forget to save because I'm so wrapped up in what I'm doing, though!
Help-Page is https://help.libreoffice.org/7.2/en-US/text/shared/guide/doc_autosave.html?&DbPAR=WRITER&System=WIN
La mesa con tapa en MDF lacado blanco Ibiza es un mueble de última tendencia, que podrás utilizar tanto en la cocina como en el comedor