Created attachment 176566 [details]
Worksheet exhibiting the behavior with LO 188.8.131.52a1
When a calc sheet has RTL direction, _some_ merged cell are not painted with the borders set for them; it is only a save, close and then open which results in the correct border being displayed. Ar a change of the sheet direction to LTR only makes the cell display its correct border. Changing direction to LTR, then back to RTL, restores the mis-painting of the cell borders.
May be related to bug 34837.
In the attachment, the larger, multi-column merged cell on the left (deeper into the sheet) ignores settings of its its display style; however, the first cell on the right (single column, vertically-merged) _doesn't_ ignore them.
Created attachment 176613 [details]
Screenshot (good? bad?)
Not sure what I should see here. I'm not seeing a difference when saving/reloading, or when switching to LTR sheet and back. Is this screenshot, taken right after opening the file, correct or not? Could you please upload a comparison screenshot?
Version: 184.108.40.206.beta1+ / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 81b26582ed62db40e2be701ddefede7d8230d0d2
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #1)
Sorry, I should have been more explicit with the reproduction instructions:
1. Open the attached document (attachment #176566 [details]).
2. Note the sheet direction is RTL.
3. Select the top-left (merged) cell.
4. Choose Format | Cells... on the menus.
5. Remove the top border (click it until it disappears in favor of white background in the dialog).
6. Press Ok.
7. Select the top-right (merged) cell.
8. Choose Format | Cells... on the menus.
9. Remove the top border (click it until it disappears in favor of white background in the dialog).
10. Press Ok.
After steps 6 and 10, the top-left and top-right cells, respectively, lose their top border.
After step 6, nothing happens; after step 10, the top-right cell loses its top border.