Created attachment 182351 [details]
Example document to see the current bad position
Currently the position of the text frame is calculated this way:
1. Get left distance L from the left edge of the text area rectangle to the left edge of the un-rotated shape.
2. Get top distance T from the top edge of the text area rectangle to the top edge of the un-rotated shape.
3. Get the snap-rectangle of the rotated shape
4. Set the top of the text area rectangle distance T down to the top of the snap-rectangle.
5. Set the left of the text area rectangle distance L right from the left edge of the snap-rectangle.
That positiones the text area rectangle far away from the place it has in Word.
I suggest to use this way:
1. Get the center C of the text area rectangle of the un-rotated shape.
2. Rotate this point C the same way as the shape is rotated (which means a rotation around the center of the shape). You get a point C'.
3. Position the text area rectangle so, that its center coincides with C'.
Created attachment 182352 [details]
Analyse of the current bad position
Created attachment 182353 [details]
Proposed better position
The blue rectangle is the position, which I propose for the text area rectangle.
Created attachment 182354 [details]
Original document with added blue rectangle
This is the original document with blue rectangle added with the position I propose. Open it in Word to see, that this position is near to the original text position in Word.
Regina, I agree, that improvement is needed here and your suggestion sounds reasonable to me. So I change status to NEW, but I'm not an expert in this field.