* I like the fact that we now have Sparklines in Calc.
* I have attached two screenshots
* In image #1, you can see the forula has data for the Sparkline from column 20 to column23
* The actual data cells are (absolute): R75C21:R75C24
* The cell reference rendered is incorrect. Internally it must be correct since the graph is accuate.
* I have checked several Sparkline instances the graph is correct but the cell reference is erroneous. Also If I switch to VisiCalc reference the cells are correctly U76:X76.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select Multiplan/Excel reference type: row and column for cell references.
2. Put numeric values in 4 or more cells along a row
3. Insert a Sparkline using these values as source
4. Check the formula displayed -- You will see that the formula reference is out by one column
* Formula reference is one column to the left of the correct range.
* The formula also includes the Worksheet name where it is NOT required
* The formular unlike All other default reference behaviour uses fixed absolute references, not relative references.
* Row/Column reference syntax is incorect.
x The syntax: R means Current row plus 76 or R[+76]
x The absolute reference for row 76 is correctly: R76
x Whereas, U76 is anabsolute reference to Row 76
* Sparkline formula can not be effectively copied to other cells because the formulae are fixed to a sheet and use fixed cells.
* Row/Column formula references must be correct
* Standard formula conventions must be adhered to
* Relative referinces are the usual default
* Worksheet names are only used when the target is on another sheet
* Formula must be suitable for copying and use in other locations
* All valid formula forms should be allowed. I was not able to use a list or cells. Only an absolute contiguoous range was accepted.
x This is not the usual case.
x I see no reason why other suitable forms like a list is invalid(??).
User Profile Reset: No
OpenGL enabled: Yes
Version: 220.127.116.11 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 3c58a8f3a960df8bc8fd77b461821e42c061c5f0
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Created attachment 182522 [details]
Incorrect formula screenshot: CALC.Erroneous-reference-formula.png
Correct (relative) reference: RC[+6]:RC[+9]
Corresponding absolute range should be: R75C21:R75C24
Created attachment 182524 [details]
Only form that works, sheet name is forced (unconventional): CALC.Absolute-reference-formula.png
* The only way to get a Sparkline to work/display must submit data this way:
1. Wants sheet name (not normal Calc behaviour)
2. Formula in absolute reference (not normal Calc behaviour)
3. Wants cells to be a contiguous range (not normal Calc behaviour)
4. Will not accept a list of cells eg.; (I55, I62, I69, I76)
5. No error or log messages are shown for 'unacceptable', yet valid and reasonable formulae
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 151027 ***