Created attachment 182651 [details]
Screenshot showing the problem
In the Template Manager (File - Templates - Manage templates) we have the "Filter by Category" drop-down list.
Opening this list we have one entry that is called "draw" whereas all others have full names. This even causes translation issues, since the "draw" string is untranslatable. See attached image for more details.
The reason "draw" is used is because it is the name of the folder where the template is located, since we do not have a full Category name to map to this folder in:
I suggest we use the word "Flowcharts" for this category, since it only contain one template about BPMN flowcharts. And we also need to make this string translatable.
It's a simple fix. We just need to define which word to use.
Created attachment 182652 [details]
Screenshot showing the problem (in pt-BR)
Here's the screenshot using pt-BR user interface. Notice that the "draw" string is not translated.
+1 for me but let's ask to experts UI guys! :-)
I tried to deep in this bug but I was not able to find a solution.
Categories name are defined in TEMPLATE_LONG_NAMES_ARY:
I added a line
+ NC_("TEMPLATE_LONG_NAMES_ARY", "Draw"),
as well as in TEMPLATE_SHORT_NAMES_ARY:
I added a line at the same position
In addition, templates directories are declared in directory_ooo.scp
I added this declaration:
+ ParentID = gid_Dir_Template_Common;
+ DosName = "draw";
But all that has no effect :-( I'm still missing something
Created attachment 182669 [details]
Template Manager categories after patch
(In reply to Laurent BP from comment #3)
> I tried to deep in this bug but I was not able to find a solution.
> Categories name are defined in TEMPLATE_LONG_NAMES_ARY:
> I added a line
> + NC_("TEMPLATE_LONG_NAMES_ARY", "Draw"),
> as well as in TEMPLATE_SHORT_NAMES_ARY:
> I added a line at the same position
> + "draw",
This is exactly what I did. However, for it to take effect you need to be on a clear user profile. You need to either be on safe mode or apply the "Reset settings and user interface modifications" option to see the new category name.
Here's a screenshot I took after applying the patch and resetting the user profile.
Of course, upper case and localization is desirable. Some effort was done for bug 132576 in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/111258 and I suggest to make this ticket a duplicate.
The BPMN template was added with https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/93514.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 132576 ***
(In reply to Rafael Lima from comment #4)
> This is exactly what I did. However, for it to take effect you need to be on
> a clear user profile. You need to either be on safe mode or apply the "Reset
> settings and user interface modifications" option to see the new category
You are so right! :-) Thanks, I feel better. I added some comments on your patch.