As I use Dark Mode I have to manually change the font color to get the correct colors in pdf.
Changing the color from standard (due to dark mode this ist white in writer) to black does not change anything. Instead I have to change it to another color eg red and then to black. Then the change takes effect.
I found this workaround here:
But I consider this a Bug, and as I didn't find it here, I opened this.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.create a field in writer (dark Mode necessary?)
2. change the color
color does not change
color should change
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 220.127.116.11 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 382eef1f22670f7f4118c8c2dd222ec7ad009daf
CPU threads: 16; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Thank you for reporting the bug. Could you please specify the step "create a field in writer", because in summary you say, it' a "form inputfield". That seems to be something different than a field, inserted with Insert -> Field
Created attachment 183712 [details]
textfield with buggy colorpicker
it's "Formular" (form) -> "Textfeld" (text field or form inputfield).
As I'm using german I don't know the official translation.
I also added an example, so you can see which field I use.
The font color ist indicated as black but in Dark Mode it is white.
But changing then to automatic background or picking black again doesnt change the color until you picked a different color eg red.
I hope this helps.
Steps to reproduce
1. Options -> LibreOffice -> Application Colors -> Scheme "LibreOffice Dark" -> OK
2. Open attachment 183712 [details] -> Background of Form Control is white (= default), font is black
Not sure, if background should be black and font color white, but I can't confirm the problem you decribe. It's also not a problem to change to a different color or back to automatic (perhaps with problem described in bug 132827).
So perhaps, I have wrong steps or perhaps your user profile is corrupted. Please test in SafeMode.
Created attachment 183733 [details]
dark UI and dark background needed to see strange color picker behavior
I can reproduce the behavior in a fresh Win11 VM and new LO install.
But I wasn't clear on the settings.
Dark UI ist necessary but so is activating the experimental settings and also change the "Anwendungsfarben" (Programcolors?) to dark.
I attach a Screenshot so you can see my setup.
Then creating the textbox, writing something in it (makes it easier to see the behavior), and then trying to change the color shows my problem.
The color picker starts with black though the current color is white and unless you change to another color apart from black he doesn't take the black color.
Hope this helps
I've tried again with following steps:
1. Change to Windows dark modus
2. Tools -> Options -> Personalisation -> Dark Theme
3. Tools -> Options -> Application Colours -> Scheme "LibreOffice Dark"
4. Open attachment 183733 [details]
5. In Form controls toolbar activate Design Mode
6. Select textbox -> Control properties (contect menu) -> Change background colour to black and font colour to white
7. Deactivate Desingn Mode and write some text; text is white (expected)
8. Activate Design Mode
6. Select textbox -> Control properties (contect menu) -> font colour to a black -> works as expected
Please correct my steps, if they're wrong.
Created attachment 183802 [details]
Video of Steps to Reproduce
I think you missed one step, activating the experimental features.
Without them I don't get the UI completely dark.
I attached a small screengrab, hope it works.
Thank you for the screencast. That helped. I confirm it with
Version: 18.104.22.168 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 1048a8393ae2eeec98dff31b5c133c5f1d08b890
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: en-GB
1. Change to Windows dark modus
2. Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> View -> Icon Theme Breeze (SVG + Dark) -> Apply
3. Tools -> Options -> Application Colours -> Scheme "LibreOffice Dark" -> Apply -> OK
4. Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Advanced -> Enable experimental features -> Restart
5. In form control menu or toolbar activate designe mode and add textbox
6. Leave design mode and add some text (text is white)
7. Activate design mode and select textbox -> Control properties (context menu) -> Font -> Font Effects: font colour is black (for me not expected)
8. Select font colour black => OK
Font colour is still white
Font Colour changes to black
9. Font -> Font Effects -> Select font colour red => OK. (Result: Text is now red; expected)
10. Font -> Font Effects -> Select font colour black => OK: (Result: Text is now black; expected)