1. Insert tables.
2. While the cursor is inside a cell, you get a floating toolbar titled Table.
3. Click on Line Style.
4. No drop-down window is shown, but it should show a drop-down list of various border styles.
On Linux, using the latest development build, I can see the border style drop-down, but on Windows, using Beta2, none is shown.
I believe this is Cedric's area?
Also, The Arrow Style drop-down control in the toolbar doesn't display properly on Windows. Insert a drawing object such as a simple rectangle, select it, then click on the arrow style control in the top toolbar. It shows nothing. On Linux, it shows a list of available arrowheads.
Re-assigning to kendy.
I think this is a blocker.
Kendy. This is definitely a blocker for 3.3. Should someone else look into this?
[Reproducible] with "LibreOffice 3.3.0Beta3 - WIN XP DE [OOO330m9 (build 126.96.36.199)]"; Table border line style and also line arrow style picker and Fontwork character distance picker do not work correctly, only appear for a nearby invisible short moment, then disappear.
Same Problems in DRAW.
Due to the current criteria it's not a blocker, but I believe that very ugly, very visible problems that might hold LibO up to ridicule should also be blockers.
I think that it actually could fit the blocker bug criteria. It is broken functionality and it affects many users.
Kendy, is it related to your improvements to the toolbars and drop down menus or is it a generic windows bug? Anyway, I add Tor to CC.
Strange, I see the problem only with this partucular toolbar menu. The others seems to work. I wonder what is different here.
I'm looking into it right now as others are all tied up with something else.
The key commit to be aware of
where the WB_STDPOPUP flag is used for the new and improved popup style, but somehow that is not working with several of the popups. My plan is to see how this is affecting those few popups and come up with a fix (hopefully).
Ah, I think I got it. I'll clean up my code and attach my solution for a review tomorrow.
From the looks of the code, our change with the popup improvement exposed the pre-existing bug. Needless to say the fix is very simple.
Created attachment 40776 [details]
patch to fix this
This change fixes this. The change is trivial, and looks safe to me.
Kohei: Great catch, thank you for that! Looks good, please push.
Given the old code, actually I'm surprised that this even worked at all on Linux.
Verified - Closed - Sophie
This is a Writer issue, therefore changed 'Component' accordingly.
Added Version according to original description.
Abbreviated Summary ('Writer:' is no longer necessary thanks to Component field).