Created attachment 40064 [details]
Source ODT file
When I export an ODT document to DOCX, in some cases the exported text has wrong (i.e. changed) paragraph spacing and line spacing. It looks like the Default style is affected (line spacing changed from single to 1.15 and a spacing of 10pt after paragraph is added), and so are styles that inherit the above attributes from Default. On the contrary, the styles, for which the attributes are set explicitly, seem to be intact.
This problem reproduces steadily. Just for reference, when exporting to DOC, no such problem emerges.
I attach three files: source ODT with Default and several custom styles, exported to DOCX, and exported to DOC (for comparison).
The styles Address_mid and Titul_end in the source document have both paragraph spacing and line spacing set explicitly, so they are exported fine. All other styles have wrong line and/or paragraph setting.
Oops, I can’t find a way to add the other two attachments.
you may handle that one...
Created attachment 40172 [details]
DOCX file (wrong paragraph/line spacing)
Now, I see the option of adding extra attachments, so I attach a DOCX file and a DOC file.
Created attachment 40173 [details]
DOC file for comparison (no problem with para/line spacing)
Created attachment 41147 [details]
The document reveals a problem in export, where contents of w:spacing and w:pgMar are mixed up in one attribute list. This patch should fix it.
I've pushed the above patch, but I still cannot find what the different setting actually is.
This is (primarily) a Writer issue, therefore changed 'Component' field
llunak: no feedback from esperantisto - so, should we close the remainder of this ? :-)
(In reply to comment #8)
> llunak: no feedback from esperantisto
Because I still see no change. At least not in LibO 22.214.171.124/Windows 7.
Comment on attachment 41147 [details]
this patch was pushed as 38fa10f549305365be14c98afcdfe0364f52de5d.
setting "obsolete" flag so it does not turn up in bugzilla searches.
(In reply to comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #8)
> > llunak: no feedback from esperantisto
> Because I still see no change. At least not in LibO 126.96.36.199/Windows 7.
Ok, please grab a 3.6.0 RC2 then from http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/ and report your findings here. If the bug persists: please be specific on what you consider buggy, if necessary attach screenshots.
Created attachment 64965 [details]
DOCX file resulting from export from ODT using LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 under openSUSE Linux 11.4
Source ODT file same as in the initial bug report.
Using LibO 184.108.40.206 (build ID 815c576) under openSUSE Linux 11.4, still have the same problem: paragraphs (of Base style or any style base on it) with single line spacing become 1.15 line spacing when exported to DOCX. A resulting file attached, see above (the source file being the same as used in the initial bug report).
Sorry, forgot to mention: the problematic paragraph spacing appears when opening the DOCX file in Microsoft Office Word 2007 under Crossover Linux / openSUSE Linux 11.4
Just for the record: I see no change in LibO 3.6.0 final.
This bug has not been touched by its owner for a long time. To make it clearer which bugs should be fixed by someone else please take following action:
- If you are the owner, and you are actively working on the bug, please give it an update.
- If you are the owner, and you do not plan to work on it in the near future,
please reassign it to the default assignee and change its status to NEW.
This bug looks fixed to me.
Tested using Mac OSX 10.9 with LibreOffice Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha0+
Build ID: 619b4c40da9e85febbb08a3f7cf8aa8d10963fc1
TinderBox: MacOSX-x86@49-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2014-04-18_00:07:53
The exported .docx document looks 1-on-1 the same in Word as the original .odt in LibreOffice.
I confirm that the issue is gone, now the exported document looks fine (LO 18.104.22.168/openSUSE Linux 12.3).