This is the first time I have noticed this issue (coming from OpenOffice, I don't ever remember it happening before.)
In my resume, I have my name address phone and email in a table, because it is easier to arrange the formatting in a table. (I have duplicated this bug both using a header and not)
All solid single lines that border just on the top and the bottom lines disappear. Dual lines work and single solids work if you are doing pretty much anything with the vertical lines.
That might sound confusing so I will explain with a drawing:
When the borders are set up like this, they disappear when you go back to editing the document.
I can't remember to have seen such problems with "LibreOffice 3.3.0 RC2 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO330m18 (build 220.127.116.11)]", but may be I did not understand the problem correctly.
Please attach a sample document with table and screenshots!
Created attachment 41804 [details]
File with the issues
OK so I figured out some more of this issue.
I think the bug is more in the file and not LibreOffice.
It is the file that doesn't work. This file was converted from a old wordperfect document a long time ago. It doesn't allow for spell checking either.
I recreated the contents of this document on a fresh ODT and don't have the issues that I am having with this document.
I had to copy the contents to an ordinary ascii text file, save it, then take them and copy and paste it to a new ODT. (Just copying and pasting ODT to ODT copied the issue).
I have included the file, maybe it will help solve the bug by looking at it?
Anyway, this might just be a weird bug that happens when you convert old files from another format (WPD, DOC, DOCX) and convert them to ODT.
I can not see anything unexpected with "LibreOffice 3.4.3 RC1 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO340m1 (Build:301)]". I still do not understand the problem at all
I will close this report 2011-08-31 as WFM if we will not get a
The wpell check problem has nothing to do with a table border problem, please do not additionally mess up this report by talking about having nothing to do with it (and BTW, the spell chekc can not work because of a user error. No language is selected in menu 'Format -> Character', and so spell check can not work.
May I ask you to read hints on <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport> carefully?
- Attach screenshots with comments (you can add information using LibO DRAW
and then attach your screenshot with comments as PDF) if necessary, because
you can not know what others will see with your sample
- Contribute a step by step instruction containing every key press and every
mouse click how to reproduce your problem (and if possible how to created a
sample document from the scratch)
- add information
-- what EXACTLY is unexpected
-- and why do you believe it's unexpected (cite Help or Documentation!)
-- concerning your PC (especially: video card)
-- concerning your OS
-- concerning your LibO localization (UI language)
–- Libo settings that might be related to your problems
(video hardware acceleration ...)
-- how you launch LibO and how you opened the sample document
–- If you can contribute an OOo Issue that might be useful
-- everything else crossing your mind after you read a.m. URL
Fur submitting bug reports you should try <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details>
Please file Bug reports with status UNCONFIRMED if your are not absolutely sure that you contributed all required background information and that the problem will be reproducible with information you can provide!
No additional info, so closed as announced.
RESOLVED, FIXED or CLOSED bugs cant be KEYWORD NEEDINFO.