I have tested on:
* OpenOffice 3.2.1 in Windows XP 32bits
* LibreOffice 3.3 final on Windows 7 64bits
* LibreOffice 3.3 final on Ubuntu Maverick (using PPA) 64bits
Steps to reproduce the bug:
* Create a document in Word (in my test, 2000) with:
** more than one page
** the "different first page option" (without inserting a subsection jump)
** a header for first and second page. make it different or you won't see the bug
* Open the document in LibreOffice, make a change in the document (add a few return in the first page) and save it in .doc
* Open the document in Word: The second page will have the same header as the first one
* Open in LibreOffice, same thing
Another way to do it:
* Create a file in LibreOffice
** more than one page
** F11, than click "First page" as page style
** Save as .doc
* Open in Word (in my test, 2007): the second page will lose it's style.
In some case, it is possible to only insert a manual page break at the end of the first page the first time you are in LibreOffice. However, this option is not always possible as it might cut a paragraph in two.
Created attachment 43211 [details]
file before losing header
Created attachment 43212 [details]
file after losing header
[This is an automated message.]
This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or beta2 prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found at:
more detail on this bulk operation: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/RFC-Operation-Spamzilla-tp3607474p3607474.html
Thanks for reporting :-)
I can confirm the issue - is a very old one too. And not sure if any improvement can be reached simply.
If you would like to have a nice work for a dark winter evening: search BugZilla for Writer + page style / word etc etc.
I guess there are numerous related/duplicate issues. Alas ..
Greetings - Cor
reproducible in 3.5.0 only this:
2. Insert title page
3. Change title page to landscape
4. Save to doc
5. verify in Word and in Writer
Bug 34984 - Saving to .doc format copies first page header onto all others
Added to the new container bug #48741.
works fine now, thanks to the introduction of the property 'Different first page' since LibreOffice 4.0.0