Created attachment 44436 [details]
The screenshot of the bug
When using Calc autofilter function (Data/Filter/Autofilter), data column header drop-down box contents isn't sorted correctly, when column contents includes words of native (lithuanian) letters. Word entries of native letters are placed in the beginning of the list, and the entries of remaining latin alphabet letters are placed afterwards, in correct order.
The correct order of the lithuanian alphabet is here:
Aa Ąą Bb Cc Čč Dd Ee Ęę Ėė Ff Gg Hh Ii Įį Yy Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Rr Ss Šš Tt Uu Ųų Ūū Vv Zz Žž.
When using autofilter function the letters <Ąą Čč Ęę Ėė Įį Šš Ųų Ūū Žž> are placed in the beginning of the list.
This behavior doesn't occur when using the Data/Sort function.
reproduced in 3.3.1.
Hi Kohei, please help mark if it is an easy hack :) Thanks!
[This is an automated message.]
This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or beta2 prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found at:
more detail on this bulk operation: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/RFC-Operation-Spamzilla-tp3607474p3607474.html
Dear bug submitter!
Due to the fact, that there are a lot of NEEDINFO bugs with no answer within the last six months, we close all of these bugs.
To keep this message short, more infos are available @ https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/NeedinfoClosure#Statement
Thanks for understanding and hopefully updating your bug, so that everything is prepared for developers to fix your problem.
The bug persists in 22.214.171.124.
The bug is also valid for validated cells.
This is a very annoying bug for us non English natives.
Created attachment 74937 [details]
Autofilter entries dropdown
In my language (called ”Swedish” for some reason), the alphabet looks like this:
As you can see in this image, not only does the ÅÄÖ end up at the beginning of the list, Å and Ä are in reverse order.
A-ZÅÄÖ is correct for Sweedish and Finnish. In Danish and Norwegian, the alphabet looks like:
A-ZÆØÅ (Æ is Danish/Norwegian for Ä and Ø is Danish/Norwegian for Ö).
Same with non capitals, of course, a-zåäö in Swedish/Finnish, a-zæøå in Danish/Norwegian.
Also note that when sorting cells works correctly.
Created attachment 74938 [details]
Also the Data → Validation thing sorts incorrectly.
Again, incorrect sorting, but this time åäö at least ends up at the end, but still å and ä are swapped.
I hope all this will be sorted out quickly… :P
I believe I've fixed this in 4.0. Please give 4.0 a try.
Actually, I lied. The fix didn't make it into 4.0.0. But it will be fixed in 4.0.1.