Bug 36510 - Consistent crash with Linux Libertine G font and Spanish locale
Summary: Consistent crash with Linux Libertine G font and Spanish locale
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 36703
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.4.0 Beta2
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium critical
Assignee: Not Assigned
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: 34420 mab3.4
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-04-22 13:51 UTC by RGB
Modified: 2011-05-17 22:32 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description RGB 2011-04-22 13:51:57 UTC
Background: 64 bits Linux system (openSUSE 11.2), Spanish language pack installed. Native LibO 3.4 beta 2 (no distro version) downloaded from LibO site. The package LibO-URE is also installed.

*This problem happens only with Spanish UI and Linux Libertine G font*

Steps to reproduce the problem: 
1- Set the UI language to Spanish and open a new document
2- Edit the paragraph style called "Predeterminado" (Default) and change it to use Linux Libertine G
3- type te (the Spanish version for dt autotext) and press F3 to insert the dummy text autotext

Writer immediately crash with no error message on terminal. No problem with other graphite fonts like Linux Biolinum G and *no problem at all with English UI*.

Another crash scenario:
1- Again with Spanish UI open a new document and configure it to use a non graphite font
2- Insert the dummy text autotext (it works)
3- Edit the paragraph style to change the font to Linux Libertine G
Crash.

Additional information:
- Because I already have Linux Libertine G installed on my system, I tried deleting the version shipped with LibO, but this did not change the situation.
- If on an empty document I change the font and then start typing normally or even if I copy/paste large portions of text there is no problem, but as soon as I use the te autotext, Writer crash.
Comment 1 gleppert 2011-04-24 23:52:33 UTC
. addded myself to cc.
Comment 2 gleppert 2011-04-25 00:52:01 UTC
Testing this issue on my system. Admittedly in a completely different test environment: LibreOffice PPA 3.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.4 Intel 32bit. German Language environment.

Here, I cannot confirm this issue.
Comment 3 RGB 2011-04-29 11:44:45 UTC
Problem still present on beta 3. This time tested on openSUSE 11.4 64 bits.
English UI → OK
Spanish UI → Crash.
Comment 4 Jesus Corrius 2011-04-29 12:21:29 UTC
I can reproduce it on Windows XP with LibO 3.4 beta 3. More info soon.
Comment 5 László Németh 2011-05-02 14:00:41 UTC
It seems, it's the same problem, as in the Bug 36703. Replacements of the "Qu" and some other ligatures halt LibreOffice with the new Graphite 2 (Issue 34420).
Comment 6 RGB 2011-05-02 15:11:52 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> It seems, it's the same problem, as in the Bug 36703. Replacements of the "Qu"
> and some other ligatures halt LibreOffice with the new Graphite 2 (Issue
> 34420).

They seem related... but on this issue there is also a correlation with the language UI: with English UI, no crash, same procedure with Spanish UI, crash.
Comment 7 Petr Mladek 2011-05-12 06:39:48 UTC
It is quite complex scenario, so it will not affect all users => should not block 3.4.0 release.

Anyway, it might affect quite some users => adding to the list of most annoying bugs.
Comment 8 RGB 2011-05-15 10:28:29 UTC
OK (silly me!): the reason because the autotext makes Writer crash only with Spanish UI is that the Spanish version of the autotext contains the Qu ligature while the English version do not. László Németh is right: this issue is a duplicate of the other issues related with Libertine G problems.
Comment 9 Michael Meeks 2011-05-17 22:32:04 UTC
so - a dup of 36703 then I think, that should be fixed in RC1 - please test :-) Thanks !

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 36703 ***