Bug Hunting Session
Bug 36562 - EDITING: Problem with Graphite SIL smart fonts in table of contents
Summary: EDITING: Problem with Graphite SIL smart fonts in table of contents
Status: RESOLVED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.3.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: 34420
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-04-25 00:14 UTC by gleppert
Modified: 2011-05-02 15:40 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Graphite Smart Fonts in Table of Contents (22.96 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2011-04-25 00:18 UTC, gleppert
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description gleppert 2011-04-25 00:14:36 UTC
Problem: Smart font features (e.g. real small caps) are broken in Table of Contents.

What did I do?: 
Please have a brief look at attached document. 

(1) In the Table of Contents, I wanted to change the first level of headings to be 'real' small caps using the font Linux Libertine G.
(2) I wanted to change that in "Formatvorlagen" F11 (format templates for paragraphs) and changed the font in the format template for "Inhaltsverzeichnis 1" (Table-of-contents 1) to Linux Libertine G:smcp=1, which means real small caps. The preview in that dialogue displays the small caps correctly, exactly like I intended them to be.
(3) After clicking "okay", nothing happens in the table of contents. Small caps are not displayed there. Even after refreshing the table of contents, small caps are not there.

By the way, real small caps with Linux Libterine G are working correctly in the Kopfzeile (head line) of top of every page of the content pages, e.g. on page 1 or 2, and everywhere else.

System: Ubuntu 4.10/Gnome2, LibreOffice 3.3.2. PPA, Intel 32-Bit.
Comment 1 gleppert 2011-04-25 00:18:38 UTC
Created attachment 46043 [details]
Graphite Smart Fonts in Table of Contents
Comment 2 gleppert 2011-05-02 15:40:04 UTC
Hi, this bug has had an easy solution. It is a little confusing user experience in LibreOffice, but this is how to solve the problem:

In order to have hyperlinks to the chapters in the Table of Contents (TOC) following was done:
In the table-of-contents dialog, the tag "hyperlink" was added to every heading level. In order to actually have a working link, theses hyperlinks were associated with the character template "Internetlink-ohne-Auszeichnung" (internet link without underlining).
However, I did not know that it is also necessary to specify the font "Linux Libertine G:smcp=1" in this character template, instead of only specifying it in the relevant paragraph template. That was indeed confusing.

Anyway, usability issues are not the topic of this bug.

Hence, I close this bug.