Testing the new names on sheet level, I stumbled upon several problems. I'll attach my test file with 5 names and some comments on the first sheet.
One pair of names seems to cause trouble: Sheet1.MyNamed refers to Sheet2 and Sheet2.MyNamed refers to Sheet1 without intersection/circular ref. Sheet1.MyRef turns into an invalid external reference after reloading the file.
Created attachment 47551 [details]
ODF spreadsheet created with LibO3.4 using the new naming scheme on sheet level
I have a look at it
Ok, I found the problem, but I'm not sure if I will include this into 3.4.1.
It seems the change for this will be bigger than I expected.
Created attachment 47697 [details]
much simpler test document
So, as Markus and I discussed on IRC, this is a bit tricky problem. Let me look into this to see if there is a easy way to solve this....
Ok. I fixed it. The problem was the import filter incorrectly imported a sheet-local named range that references another sheet as an external reference, and with my fix they are now correctly imported.
But your attached document is already messed up i.e. MyNamed on Sheet1 is already stored as an external reference. So, you need to remove that, and re-define it once my fix is in.
Marked it fixed for 3.5. Sent it to the mailing list for review for 3.4.1.
I got Markus' sign-off. The fix will be in 3.4.1.
RC2 is bit by bit identical with release version, so separate items in the version picker are useless. Changes have been discussed with Michael Meeks.