Bug 38235 - Sort fails in database created as Evolution address data source
Summary: Sort fails in database created as Evolution address data source
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Base (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.3.0 RC1
Hardware: Other Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Julien Nabet
URL:
Whiteboard: target:7.4.0 target:7.3.0.2
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Address-Source
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-06-13 03:11 UTC by Joseph Sylvester
Modified: 2022-02-05 10:59 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
database exhibiting issue behaviour (2.04 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database)
2011-06-13 03:11 UTC, Joseph Sylvester
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Joseph Sylvester 2011-06-13 03:11:51 UTC
Created attachment 47889 [details]
database exhibiting issue behaviour

When attempting to sort a table column XXX, the Sort A-Z and Sort Z-A commands produce the following error: "Error setting the source criteria. The column  XXX must be visible as a column. SQL status: 01000, Error code 1000." This failure occurs (apparently only) in a database created as an Evolution addres data source.
To reporoduce this problem, Using Wizard->Address Data Source..., select Evolution as the external addrss data source. Map the various field assignments (Family name, given name, etc.). An .odb database will be created. Open this database, and open the Evolution table. In my case, the table name is "Personal".
Select a column, any column. Select Sort A-Z or Sort Z-A. This produces the error "Error setting the source criteria. The column  XXX must be visible as a column. SQL status: 01000, Error code 1000." Additional informationation: If a general sort is executed, the sort does not seem to work at all. There is no change is the displayed data.
Comment 1 Julien Nabet 2011-12-02 23:41:13 UTC
Do you reproduce this pb with 3.4.4 (the current version) ?
Comment 2 Julien Nabet 2011-12-03 00:03:47 UTC
Forget my previous message, i reproduce it on 3.4.4
Comment 3 Björn Michaelsen 2011-12-23 12:24:51 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 Alex Thurgood 2012-07-27 16:19:19 UTC
Isn't this an old bug from OOo days, where LDAP/Evolution datasources couldn't be sorted ?


Alex
Comment 5 Joseph Sylvester 2012-07-27 16:35:37 UTC
It could be. I am no longer on Linux, so I cannot test thsi. I belive it was fixed before I left Linux.
Comment 6 Julien Nabet 2014-07-23 21:18:04 UTC
On pc Debian x86-64 with LO 4.2 sources updated 2 weeks ago, I could reproduce this.
(I tried "Evolution local")

I noticed this log:
warn:dbaccess:12055:1:dbaccess/source/core/api/SingleSelectQueryComposer.cxx:978: We have column labels for *some* columns but not all
Comment 7 Alex Thurgood 2015-01-03 17:39:35 UTC Comment hidden (no-value)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2016-01-17 20:05:18 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 QA Administrators 2017-03-06 14:38:48 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 QA Administrators 2019-12-11 03:38:25 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 11 QA Administrators 2021-12-11 04:21:44 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 12 Julien Nabet 2021-12-12 11:12:57 UTC
I gave a try with https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/126698

Remark: There's also a perf pb here. I created 2 contacts for testing and sorting takes some seconds. Anyway, that's another story.
Comment 13 Commit Notification 2021-12-16 20:33:32 UTC
Julien Nabet committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/ab864bd178a44208c98a2fd1b1248df5f1db1fc9

tdf#38235: fix sort failure for Evolution

It will be available in 7.4.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 14 Julien Nabet 2021-12-16 20:43:20 UTC
Here's the cherry-pick for 7.3 branch waiting for review:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/126967
Comment 15 Commit Notification 2022-01-12 18:58:13 UTC
Julien Nabet committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-7-3":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/880c58db42192ebe9718a59aff44cf4d083f4049

tdf#38235: fix sort failure for Evolution

It will be available in 7.3.0.2.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.