Download it now!
Bug 38235 - Sort fails in database created as Evolution address data source
Summary: Sort fails in database created as Evolution address data source
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Base (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.3.0 RC1
Hardware: Other Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Address-Source
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-06-13 03:11 UTC by Joseph Sylvester
Modified: 2019-12-11 03:38 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
database exhibiting issue behaviour (2.04 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database)
2011-06-13 03:11 UTC, Joseph Sylvester
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Joseph Sylvester 2011-06-13 03:11:51 UTC
Created attachment 47889 [details]
database exhibiting issue behaviour

When attempting to sort a table column XXX, the Sort A-Z and Sort Z-A commands produce the following error: "Error setting the source criteria. The column  XXX must be visible as a column. SQL status: 01000, Error code 1000." This failure occurs (apparently only) in a database created as an Evolution addres data source.
To reporoduce this problem, Using Wizard->Address Data Source..., select Evolution as the external addrss data source. Map the various field assignments (Family name, given name, etc.). An .odb database will be created. Open this database, and open the Evolution table. In my case, the table name is "Personal".
Select a column, any column. Select Sort A-Z or Sort Z-A. This produces the error "Error setting the source criteria. The column  XXX must be visible as a column. SQL status: 01000, Error code 1000." Additional informationation: If a general sort is executed, the sort does not seem to work at all. There is no change is the displayed data.
Comment 1 Julien Nabet 2011-12-02 23:41:13 UTC
Do you reproduce this pb with 3.4.4 (the current version) ?
Comment 2 Julien Nabet 2011-12-03 00:03:47 UTC
Forget my previous message, i reproduce it on 3.4.4
Comment 3 Björn Michaelsen 2011-12-23 12:24:51 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 Alex Thurgood 2012-07-27 16:19:19 UTC
Isn't this an old bug from OOo days, where LDAP/Evolution datasources couldn't be sorted ?


Alex
Comment 5 Joseph Sylvester 2012-07-27 16:35:37 UTC
It could be. I am no longer on Linux, so I cannot test thsi. I belive it was fixed before I left Linux.
Comment 6 Julien Nabet 2014-07-23 21:18:04 UTC
On pc Debian x86-64 with LO 4.2 sources updated 2 weeks ago, I could reproduce this.
(I tried "Evolution local")

I noticed this log:
warn:dbaccess:12055:1:dbaccess/source/core/api/SingleSelectQueryComposer.cxx:978: We have column labels for *some* columns but not all
Comment 7 Alex Thurgood 2015-01-03 17:39:35 UTC Comment hidden (no-value)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2016-01-17 20:05:18 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 QA Administrators 2017-03-06 14:38:48 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 QA Administrators 2019-12-11 03:38:25 UTC
Dear Joseph Sylvester,

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug