In a nutshell
- currently LibO use "Delete" for delete without asking, and BackSpace with an ask ("Delete Contents").
- There's a compatibility feature to use swapped key (which is in OO.o)
- Since Bug 31652, the shortcut text is still incorrect
Step to reproduce:
- Open calc
- Make sure you have set key bindings default: Tools > Options > Libreoffice Calc > Compatibility > Default > OK
- click Edit menu, see "Delete Contents", its shortcut still "Delete", incorrect!
- click it, there is a dialog asking
- you may test with typing "Delete", no dialog, but typing "BackSpace", there's a dialog
- So, this should change text in menu to "BackSpace"
- Change to compatibility mode: Tools > Options > Libreoffice Calc > Compatibility > OpenOffice.org legacy > OK
- test again with deleting, now "Delete" produces a dialog, "BackSpace" doesn't.
- Shortcut text hasn't changed yet, so it is now correct.
The point from Cor Nouws is, is it possible to change text string after LibO start? It should change according to each mode.
Tested on LibreOffice 3.3.3 OOO330m19 (Build:301) tag libreoffice-18.104.22.168 Windows XP
Thanks Cor Nouws for rising this issue.
this should already be fixed in libreoffice 3.4
There was a general problem around with updating the shown shortcuts.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 33149 ***