the spell checker does nothing, it does not underline anything
AutoSpellcheck is active? -> If yes, have you updated your LibO 3.4.2 from a previous version? -> If yes, see Bug 37195 and let us know if is your case.
I identified finally the cause of the problem: it seems that the software did not installed the language packs, thought I ordered to. I reinstalled the 3.4.1 version, it did not worked either, same problem. In the language settings, there was not a green tick for neither language, thought I did install french, hungarian and english languages. Curious.
Then I found a workaround: I zipped dict-hu in the share/extensions directory and installed with the extension manager and it worked like a charm. Is this my system registry that is corrupted on windows xp? How to test? Thanks.
By the way, for a lot of extension, I have a locket icon. When I installed dict-fr etc, the icon changed to multiple people or to one person. There is some lock on the extensions?
btw, the solution happened after reinstalling 3.4.2 (it works probably for 3.4.1 too)
the steps I made:
0. initial state: 3.4.1-> spellcheck is working
1. install 3.4.2 on 3.4.1 ->no spellcheck, any language in language modules
2. uninstall 3.4.2
3. reinstall 3.4.1 ->no spellcheck, no language modules
4. uninstall 3.4.1
5. reinstall 3.4.2 ->no spellcheck, no language modules
6. zipped and installed with extensionmanager needed language from share/extensions
7. it works fine ->happy end
OK, it's a duplicate of Bug 37195. See comment 24 for a workaround:
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 37195 ***