Created attachment 50191 [details]
Spreadsheets with frozen row, screenshot of UI
After creating a new Spreadsheet in LibreOffice 3.4.2 Calc, freezing the first row (using menu Window -> Freeze), saving the document as *.xlsx, and opening it, the user interface behaves strangely.
Steps to reproduce:
First, extract the contents of the attached "freeze-row.zip" archive.
Then in Calc (in new empty LibO Spreadsheet document), use menu File -> Open (LibO dialog) - file type "Spreadsheets" -> select the extracted "freeze-row-ok.ods" document -> double-click.
The first row in the spreadsheet "Sheet1" is frozen (and "Freeze" is seen as selected under the Window menu).
Now save the document: use menu File -> Save As... (LibO dialog) - choose file type either "Microsoft Excel 2007 XML (*.xlsx)" or "Office Open XML Spreadsheet (*.xlsx)" -> type some filename (e.g. "freeze-bug.xlsx") -> click Save, click "Keep Current Format" (if asked). Close Calc.
(The resulting file is provided as the "freeze-row-bug.xlsx" in the attached archive.)
Now open Calc again and use menu File -> Open (LibO dialog) - file type "All files" -> select the saved "freeze-bug.xlsx" document -> double-click.
As shown in the screenshot (see "freeze-row-bug-screenshot.png" from the archive), the Window menu will now indicate that "Split" is active (instead of "Freeze"). Moreover, column name labels ("A", "B", "C") have some gaps in them. Clicking on any cell causes the labels to appear, disappear or overlap with the topmost dispayed row.
Confirmed for LibreOffice 3.4 340m1(Build:103) on OpenSuse Linux. Followed steps exactly, bug occurred. Thanks for document and steps.
Confirmed for 3.4.3 in Windows.
Also, when saved to *.xls and reopened, the frozen row is duplicated upon the initial display. Subsequent scrolling eliminates this and it works as intended.
Saving to *.ods works as intended.
Reproduced in 3.5.2 on Fedora 64 bit
I placed cursor into cell B1 and freezed, than saved as ods and xlsx
Calc opens produced xlsx and looks strange. msOffice 2007 opens this xlsx and numbers of rows on left of screen disabled, nothing freezed. So, problem in FILESAVE to xlsx.
PS: msOffice 2007 opens mentioned above ods without freeze. And xlsx produced by msOffice 2007 Calc opens correctly.
*** Bug 49222 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 49886 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 61798 [details]
test file, broken UI, freeze at B2 cell
Created attachment 61799 [details]
broken UI screenshot
I can confirm that on 3.2.2-3.5.3
test-xlsx-lo.xlsx - test file, broken UI, freeze at B2 cell.
test-xlsx-lo.png - broken UI screenshot.
Confirmed with both LibreOffice 184.108.40.206 (Build ID: 235ab8a-3802056-4a8fed3-2d66ea8-e241b80) and 3.5.2.x (Build ID unknown) while using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, Service Pack 1. I initially reported it as Bug 49886, which has now been marked as a duplicate.
*** Bug 37595 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Also confirmed in 220.127.116.11 rc on Win7.
I am also attaching another test case which may be simpler to use:
1. Open the attached test.ods
2. File->SaveAs .xlsx
3. File->Reload (screen is then corrupted)
Created attachment 68008 [details]
Possibly-simpler test case (open this; SaveAs .xlsx; File->Reload)
Every version of LibreOffice I've used loses Freeze settings in both .xls and .xlsx files. I've tried every new release to see if this is fixed. This is the single most annoying feature of LO. It's almost guaranteed to fail with large files, indicating that the data structures storing this information are lost in the save process.
A related problem is cell format codes (cell types) appear to get lost. I use LIBXL to read the .xls files, and it fails to identify the correct cell type. It could be LIBXL; however, if I cut & paste like cells and reenter the information in the LO spreadsheet, that fixes the problem.
These problems are random. LO and Excel will read the files and work fine, except for the setting being lost. Because it's random, I have found no way to provide a test case that reproduces the problems.
Confirmed also in 18.104.22.168 on WinXP-SP3; "freeze" change in "split" after saving a sheet as xlsx, with strange effects on the row/column headers.
Following this bug description; open the attached ods, saving as xlsx, then close & reopen that xlsx. I can't reproduce that on LO 22.214.171.124 (Win7 32bit), perhaps it's been fixed regarding Bug 49120.
Please REOPENED if that still happen on latest stable release & after resetting user profile.
*** Bug 57324 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
And Excel 2010 opens produced xlsx document freezed correctly.
So, this side of problem also solved.
Created attachment 85062 [details]
This file still displays crazy.
Hi Rubem, feel free to REOPENED this bug if you could reproduce same problem with latest LO release (126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52) & after you do reset user profile.
Created attachment 85308 [details]
screenshot in 4.1 on Fedora (RFR) 64 bit. Row titles on left side of screen are corrupted
Thanks for attachment.
Reproduced problem in LO 4.1.1 on WinXP 32 bit and Fedora 64 bit
Perhaps we should raise importance because of the regression
reproduced on Version 184.108.40.206 (Build ID: 400m0(Build:2)) Ubuntu 13.04 (raring)
Just tested this with 4.2.5 and it is no longer reproducible.