Steps to reproduce:
0. Open document with some text, at least 1 word with correct spell,
but recognized as misspelled
1. <f7> for spell check
2. when you reach correct word recognized as misspelled, Press button <add> in
spell check dialog
Expected: selection "standard.dic" or similar appears so that you can select
where you want to add the word
Observed with "LibreOffice 3.4.2 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO340m1 (Build:203)]"
Works for me with a 3.4.1 Daily build
May be some workaround for "Bug 37195 - Dictionary access lost after LibO upgrade" broke this function?
Not reproducible on my system, it works like expected. LibO 3.4.2 Italian under Win7 64bit HP Italian.
I had already applied the workaround for Bug 37195 some time ago, after upgrade from 3.4.1 to 4.4.2
(In reply to comment #3)
> from 3.4.1 to 4.4.2
ehm... from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2
"standard.dic" does exist in my
I believe you talk about workaround replacing?
I know Comment 31 from Bug 37195 - Dictionary access lost after LibO upgrade
My registrymodifications.xcu shows
<prop oor:name="IsUseDictionaryList" oor:op="fuse">
I do not have any unchecked dict. in Writing aids - Available Language modules.
But deleting my user profile heals that problem
I just replaced the file configmgr.ini. No other manual actions performed to the user profile.
Using registrymodifications.xcu from newly created user profile after having switched back to my normal user profile does not heal the problem, must be something else.
@vitriol: (In reply to comment #8)
for what problem? This one or Bug 37195 - Dictionary access lost after LibO upgrade? I observed the problem after having replaced configmgr.ini for 3.4.3 in the user profile by the one from the program folder-
I replaced configmgr.ini as a workaround of Bug 37195. Despite this change, I don't see the problem exposed in this bug on my 3.4.2 installation.
I haven't checked version 3.4.3 RC1.
That's the problem in this spellcheck thingy - these various problems all appear randomly and are difficult to confirm.
After some unsuccessful action I now found a way to heal my problem. When I reached a word I wanted to add, I first clicked <Options>, unchecked "standard Deutsch", closed dialog, reopened, checked again. Now I am able to use <add> Word.
But the repair only works for the current spellcheck session. After exit from spellcheck and new <f7> I have to do the same repair
I'm afraid no one else will run through the same proceeding to get this problem, I created a reminder for 2011-September-19 to close this bug if no one has been able to confirm the problem.
Maybe related to 'Bug 36678 - Missing user-defined dictionaries with a specified language attribute via "Spelling and Grammar" <F7>'?
Adding a word via (right-click) context menu is OK?
But 'standard.dic' with 'Language [All]' should work via <F7> nevertheless.
What is the encoding of your unavailable 'standard.dic'
Does it show (opened with a text editor):
Does a newly created 'standard.dic' ('Language [All]') work for you?
1. Rename 'standard.dic' in the user profile.
2. 'Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids >
User-defined dictionaries > New...'
Yes, that indeed sounds related. I have been wondering for a long time why I only see "standard.dic' where I can add. But My LibO time resource for today is used up, I will check that later.
Not reproducible for LibreOffice 3.4 340m1(Build:103) on OpenSuse Linux.
I've checked this on a fresh install of LibO 3.4.3 on a MS Windows XP
Pro. SP3 and here is the result:
(1) If a user-defined dictionary is set to be used for ALL languages
then it appears on the Add new word list. See the following attachments:
(2) If you limit a user-defined dictionary to a specific language then
the dictionary does not appear on the Add new word list even if the
checked word is in that particular language. Next two attached images
Add_new_word_to_user_defined_dictionary2.png) illustrate that case for
text written in US English.
I'd say this bug is duplicate of bug 36678.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 36678 ***
Created attachment 50913 [details]
Created attachment 50914 [details]
Created attachment 50915 [details]
Created attachment 50916 [details]