Created attachment 50954 [details]
csv with linefeeds in text area.
Windows 7 64bit
1. Open the attached file with Libre office.
2. Use the following import settings:
* Encoding: UTF-8
* Language: German
* Starting line: 1
* Delimiter options: Tabulator only
* Text delimiter: "
* Extended Number detection: true
(Not sure if this the the correct translation, but you will find the fields in the import dialog.)
In row 4 and column Q the import is not ok.
Openend with a text editor this cell should be:
"xx xxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxx:
- xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx (xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxx)
- xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxxxxx, xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx
- xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx: xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
- xx xxxx, xxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx"
But it's only "xx xxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxx:"
The rest of the cell is going per line in a new row in colomn A. And damages the data on saving.
(In OOo 3.3 its o.k.)
Created attachment 53391 [details]
Test-case for described problem
Test case for newlines within text delimiter.
Works for values1.1 and value1.2 (first column)
but not for value2.1 and value2.2
The wrapping of newlines with text delimiters works for the first column, but not for columns after the first.
[This is an automated message.]
This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or beta2 prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found at:
more detail on this bulk operation: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/RFC-Operation-Spamzilla-tp3607474p3607474.html
Bug is still there:
Yes, I fixed this one just recently though I didn't realize there was a bug report for it.
Please test 3.5 Beta3. It should be fixed there.
working with Version 188.8.131.52 (Build ID: 4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3)