[Follow-up of 'Bug 36678 - Missing user-defined dictionaries with a specified language attribute via "Spelling and Grammar" <F7>']
LibO 3.4.4 RC1 on WinXP [LibreOffice 3.4.4 OOO340m1 (Build:401)]
Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids >
User-defined dictionaries > New...
Create custom dictionaries as follows
1. add_de [Language: German (Germany)]
2. add_fr [Language: French (France)]
The bugfix for bug 36678 works fine for user-defined dictionaries with a specified language attribute in unilingual documents.
But it works only with the first checked language in a multilingual document.
1. Create a French text language paragraph with a misspelled word.
2. Create a German text language paragraph with a misspelled word.
(You may also use the attached 'sample_fdo#36678.odt')
3. Start <F7> with the French paragraph. Selecting 'Add..' will show (among others) the user-defined dictionary 'add_fr.dic' (see 'Screenshot A: Spelling and Grammar, text language French (France)')
4. Add the word to a French user dictionary, or ignore it.
5. Select 'Add...' again in the next--German--paragraph. It will show again (among others) the user-defined dictionary 'add_fr.dic' instead of the also
available user-defined dictionary 'add_de.dic' (see 'Screenshot B: Spelling and Grammar, text language German (Germany)').
Expected: 'Add...' in the second--German language--paragraph should not show 'add_fr.dic', instead it should show 'add_de.dic'.
Only the *first* checked text language with a misspelled word will provide (via 'Add...') an user-defined dictionary with the appropriate language attribute.
That will fail with a *second* text language, and an user-defined dictionary with that appropriate language attribute. Instead it will show again the first--in that case inappropriate--user-defined dictionary.
This behavior is reproducible for all languages.
'Add...' via right-click context menu (AutoSpellcheck) is not affected, and works fine.
Created attachment 52888 [details]
Test document: 'sample_fdo#42372.odt'
Created attachment 52889 [details]
Screenshot A: Spelling and Grammar, text language French (France)
Created attachment 52890 [details]
Screenshot B: Spelling and Grammar, text language German (Germany)
i.e. when we move from one language to another, the title bar knows that the language has changed, but the Add menu doesn't seem to know that
Fixed with http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=36edda75a9035f15e361b5a99423568e9ae7826e
master only, i.e. for 3.5
When the underlying language changed, the list wasn't regenerated automatically.
Verified (on WinXP) with LibO Master 'master~2011-11-03_23.43.37...'
[LibO-dev 3.5.0 Build ID: 8d47725-82728f1-ca7e6f5-3b66bd0].
Thanks, that works fine with
- the attached 'sample fdo#42372'
- a nested test document (4 languages – de, en, fr, it).