Created attachment 53380 [details]
ZIP file containing excel spreadsheet with a chart that is not formatted properly in LOCalc and a PDF showing screenshots of how they appear in Excel 2007 via LibreOffice Calc 3.4.3
Steps to reproduce:
1. open attached spreadsheet (chart problem 1.xlsx)
2. view chart within spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc
3. See diferrences in Excel 2007 vs LibreOffice Calc 3.4.3 in attached file (PDF)
The issues on the LibreOffice image are circled in red and are..
1. multi-line titles come across to LibreOffice in a single line and the entire title cant be seen
2. the error bars are not taken into account when the Y axis is drawn (Excel is 0-3 and LibreOffice Calc is 0-2.5)
3. the issue above also cuts off the top half of the highest error bar from being visible
4. the legend item labels of "treated/untreated" in Excel are ignored in LibreOffice (the cell data is used instead of the label that can be set)
1. proper format of title, error bars, y-axis and legend
Platform (if different from the browser):
LibreOffice 3.4 340m1(Build:302) running on Ubuntu 10.10, i686
totally Reproduced with
Ubuntu 10.04.3 x86
Linux 2.6.32-34-generic Russian UI
Please, stop post your browser info; it is not needed until you have a deal with a site bug.
I just viewed your test case in LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 (rc2) on Ubuntu Linux 13.04 (64-bit) and the title is fully visible, but still on one line. Also the "treated/untreated" legend titles do appear. The error bar issue still remains and the bars didn't appear in full color, for whatever reason.
I can confirm same behavior same as Tom, (LO 18.104.22.168 - Win7 32bit)
Created attachment 86966 [details]
Comparison of the chart in Excel 2010 and LibreOffice 22.214.171.124
Checked with LibreOffice 126.96.36.199(portable) Not better than previous ones. Also the color is missing now. untreaded and treated has now come and title borders are better but still the tile level is cut by 2,5.
You may see the difference in screenshot, Excel 2010 vs LibreOffice 188.8.131.52(portable)
You're right Zeki, I also saw same result with LO 184.108.40.206 (Win7 32bit).
I think we should move this bug to component: Chart.
Summary of the chart problem:
- Legend appears correctly : SOLVED
- Chart title in a single line
- Y error bars misplaced in Positive (+) Parameters
- Wrong Y axis
- Wrong area fill : REGRESSION from LO 3.4.4 (comment 1)
This issue is still reproducible with:
- Libreoffice 220.127.116.11 Build ID: 1c1366bba2ba2b554cd2ca4d87c06da81c05d24
- Libreoffice 18.104.22.168 Build ID: 3be8cda0bddd8e430d8cda1ebfd581265cca5a0f
- Libreoffice 22.214.171.124.alpha0 Build ID: b6a43bcbbf9e9a5655fd36fd4c8ef72d585f67b0
Please split that bug report into several ones each dealing with exactly one problem.
as Markus said this report is a collection of different problems.
I mark this as INVALID since the policy is to have a single issue described per report.
so please check each still reproducible issue, query Bugzilla to see if it has not yet reported then open new separate reports.
you can also file new single bugs in this meta-bug: