Bug 47317 - EDITING: CRASH with CHANGE CASE function
Summary: EDITING: CRASH with CHANGE CASE function
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 37044
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.5.0 release
Hardware: Other Mac OS X (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-03-14 12:38 UTC by Fabio Bugnon
Modified: 2012-05-24 00:31 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Compressed 6 text CrashReport files, automatically generated by Mac (96.23 KB, application/zip)
2012-03-14 12:38 UTC, Fabio Bugnon
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Fabio Bugnon 2012-03-14 12:38:14 UTC
Created attachment 58443 [details]
Compressed 6 text CrashReport files, automatically generated by Mac

Problem description: LibreOffice crashes every time I try to use the "change case" function.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a new text document with LibreOffice
2. Write a few words
3. Select one, few or all words
4. Right-click over one of the select words
5. In the Menu that appears, choose Change Case > UPPERCASE (or in fact any other option)

Current behavior:  LibreOffice crashes

Expected behavior:  The selected words should go UPPERCASE (or any other option selected by the user)

Platform (if different from the browser): 
              
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11

Related bug reports:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37044
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44468

Additional information:
I had report previously this bug under LO 3.5-RC1 and I notice the problem was still present with the 3.5 Released version, so I when back to add a commentary to the bug-report.  Surprisingly, I did few test yesterday and I had no crashes!  Everything worked fine while changing case.  But today, I had the same problem again.  I tried many times, using different format (.doc, .odt, .docx) and with more complex os simple formated documents, but the results were all the same (as shown on the attachement): CRASH...  
I'll be glad to do further testing and provide any feedback necessary.
Thanks.
Comment 1 Roman Eisele 2012-05-24 00:31:34 UTC
Thank you very much for your bug report!

This crash is a known issue, therefore I mark this report as a duplicate of bug
37044 -- please refer to the later for additional details.

Good news: bug 37044 is fixed, the fix should appear in the forthcoming release
LibreOffice 3.5.4.

Feel free to reopen this bug report (or bug 37044) if the issue is still reproducible for you with LibreOffice 3.5.4 or newer.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 37044 ***