Created attachment 58785 [details]
An example of the problem
Problem description: I made some documents and tried to open them in Linux (Kubuntu/Xubuntu) and Windows (7) and they look a little bit different, having the used fonts installed in both systems. For example, one thing that was originally at the end of a page in Windows, in Linux appears at the beggining of the next page.
I don't know why this happens, maybe lines or fonts have different heights or something. By the way, I don't know if it's relevant but in these documents I tried I used fontwork.
Current behavior: Documents looks different in Linux and Windows using the same version of LibreOffice (4.5)
Expected behavior: Documents looks the same way in both systems.
Platform (if different from the browser): Kubuntu 12.04/Xubuntu 11.10 and Windows 7
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Thanks for bugreport
I also often encounter problem that on Linux text is slightly bigger than on Windows. Approximately on 7%. Layout becomes corrupted.
I confirm this on Libo 4.0 Version 184.108.40.206.beta1 (Build ID: 87906242e87d3ddb2ba9827818f2d1416d80cc7)
Win7- 32bits and Ubuntu 12.04 64bits (same police installed on the two os).
I think that maybe LibreOffice is using different font library each OS.
*** Bug 81965 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This bug is reproduced in Version 220.127.116.11.
*** Bug 101268 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Build ID: 5d2ab49cbda1d7aea1019478abe0163e1f40a121
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
Maybe fixed with the changes that Khaled made in version 5.3 (follow-up bugs see Bug 103729 HarfBuzz-regressions).