Steps to reproduce:
1. Copy someone text into the clipboard (I'm a windows user on a Mac, so please adjust my terminology to fit the Mac). Say from a terminal window.
2. Open a CSV file into LibreOffice.
3. Press CMD+F to create the Find window in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4. Click in the box.
5. Type a letter. See it appear. Delete the letter.
6. Press CMD+V to paste the clipboard.
The pasted data appears in the cell A1 (or whichever cell is the active cell).
Pasted data appears in the Find box.
Platform (if different from the browser):
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/536.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1096.1 Safari/536.6
Build ID: 51648779-22e3d74-d554af7
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32/64 bit
Could not reproduce.
Try on a Mac. I'm not on Windows.
Thank you very much for your bug report!
This is a known issue with LibreOffice for MacOS X, and the main bug report for it is currently bug 49853; therefore I mark this report as a duplicate of the latter. Please refer to the report page for bug 49853 for further details and discussion.
(I set Platform field to "MacOS X" according to original description and comment #1.)
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 49853 ***