Something strange is going on with the editor.
Steps to reproduce (translated from Danish):
1. Create a new entry and insert it
2. Right click the reference and select Bibliography entry
3. Click Edit and click on any element including the already selected element in the Short name select list
The data in each field is moved to another field - looks messy but is always the same.
Platform (if different from the browser):
(... that is: click on any element in the Short name select list.)
David Tardon committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#49709 set updated values to the right entries
I am having a problem when I open a document in 3.6 Beta 3 that was created in version 3.5.4.
My bibliography is number format like , ,  etc.
Normally the bibliography table is organised in the order in which the references appear in the document, but with 3.6 Beta 3 it seems they are in the order in which they were created. Also all references numbered greater than 10 are now replaced with  both in the document and in the table.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this in a fresh document and the (many) documents that it occurs in contain proprietary information that I cannot freely send out.
I can confirm however that 3.5.5 does not corrupt the bibliography in this way.
Created attachment 64329 [details]
Test document for Bibliography entry sorting issue in 3.6 Beta 3
See comment for steps to reproduced
Edit to the above, I now have a test case.
Steps to reproduce
1. Open the attached file in LoDev 3.6Beta3
2. Right click the Bibliography then Update Index/Table
3. The reference numbers are scrambled
4. Open the attached file in LibO 3.5.5
5. Right click the Bibliography then Update Index/Table
6. The reference numbers are correctly sorted