Bug Hunting Session
Bug 50606 - User Interface language not set correctly
Summary: User Interface language not set correctly
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 39325
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Installation (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.5.4 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-06-02 01:09 UTC by Jeff Goodenough
Modified: 2012-06-02 10:06 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Jeff Goodenough 2012-06-02 01:09:45 UTC
After the default installation of LibO_3.5.4_Win_x86_install_multi.msi and help pack LibO_3.5.4_Win_x86_helppack_en-GB, choosing Help (or pressing F1) goes to the help web site instead of bringing up the local help window.

I only found out from posting on the forum that this is because all language settings EXCEPT User Interface were set to English GB, but the User Interface language was set to English US. When I changed this to English GB, the help window came up correctly.

I regard this as an installation bug, since no-one installing Libre Office for the first time is going to spot this without advice.

(Sorry, I couldn't see where to set the I10n keyword - maybe that will come up when I submit.)
Comment 1 Florian Reisinger 2012-06-02 09:53:03 UTC
It never happens in my case (There is only one German language ;) )

I CCed the localization fixes / l10n tools expert.
Maybe he knows, where to tweak....
Comment 2 Andras Timar 2012-06-02 10:06:30 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 39325 ***