We use the attached chart file for a daily cash register in our company. This file is originally from from DATEV, a German Tax program. Every month i must convert this chart to Microsoft Excel 200x for the tax adviser.
After upgrading LibO from version 3.3(?) to 3.5.4 i can't save as MS Excel. LibO freezes and eating much RAM until it crashes.
Affected Versions, i have tested: Lib0 3.5.4 Linux and Windows, Lib0 3.6.0 beta 1 Windows.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 and 3.4.0 works fine.
Way to reproduce: Open the attached file in LibO 3.5.4 and try to safe as MS Excel 200x.
Created attachment 63050 [details]
file with problem save as ms excel
Now with release version 184.108.40.206 it is possible to save this file as 2003-xls. But the output-file have a size of 18 megabyte! (normally ~400kb). Version 220.127.116.11 still crash while save as 2007-xlsx.
Seems to be fixed in Version 3.6.1. I will test it some days...
Thanks for bugreport
During reading this bugreport I was inspired on creating Bug 55174
On pc Debian x86-64 with 3.6 sources updated yesterday and a brand new LO profile, I don't reproduce this pb.
Daniel: Following my test and what you told on comment3, I put it as WFM. Don't hesitate to reopen if you can still reproduce this with a newer LO version (eg 3.6.2)