The "Add commands" dialog window, available via "Tools > Customize > Menus" and clicking "Add...", allows to add the command "Paste Unformatted Text" to Writer, but not to Impress (please see the screenshots attachment 63129 [details] and attachment 63130 [details]). This is a little inconsistency, and is obstructive especially for power users. Therefore, please allow us to add "Paste Unformatted Text" to Impress, too.
1) The exact way to see the list of commands which I refer to (sorry, very complicated!):
* select "Tools > Customize" from the menu bar;
* the "Customize" dialog window appears;
* select the tab "Menus";
* select "Edit" from the popup menu "Menu";
* select "Impress" from the popup menu "Save In";
* click on the button "Add..."
* the "Add Commands" dialog window appears;
* select "Edit" from the list "Category" (at the left);
* now scroll down the right list:
you will find "Paste" and "Paste Special", but no "Paste Unformatted text".
2) We also can't add "Paste Unformatted Text" to Calc, but this seems to be a bug, because in place of the missing "Paste Unformatted Text" item there is a duplicated "Paste Special" item in the commands list for Calc -- see bug 50746.
I'm going to raise this to a high level enhancement. Reason being:
1. Not that difficult since we already have the code in writer
2. Consistency across software is a must if we want to avoid confusion/irritation
@Roman Eisele -- thanks for the detailed explanation of the problem, it's appreciated by the LO team :)
Also, verified in Linux latest build 22.214.171.124.alpha0 BUILD ID c17027c
Lastly, adding EASYHACK to the whiteboard
I like the idea
*** Bug 51896 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Although I marked the "bug" I reported as a duplicate of this, the request is slightly different, but definitely related. I fully support the effort to create consistency.
I notice a suspected adverse effect of this lack: After much normal pasting (ie with formatting), I now have presentation files that are full of custom graphic styles which aren't in use. You may check out on your side to see if it's true for you too.
1) is now fixed in a patch awaiting review on gerrit.
2) The duplicate "Paste Special" also fixed & awaiting review: one of them
is actually an "Insert Contents", although they both seem
This means that there is still no "Paste Unformatted" in Calc. It's not
entirely clear whether this would count as a bug, since there are already
(A) "Paste only Value"
(B) "Paste only Text".
However when testing, (A) only functions when copying numerical cells
(but not time values), and (B) only for text cells (also not for time values,
and also not for numerical values) -- I'm going to investigate this a little
more, but it would probably make sense to have a Paste Unformatted here too.
(In reply to comment #5)
> This means that there is still no "Paste Unformatted" in Calc.
Isn't this off topic? Anyway, the feature *is* available in Calc. Mail me privately if you need clarification.
Andrzej Hunt committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#51525 Add Paste Unformatted Text to Impress.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Think we can get this one into 4.2.1? Seems pretty small, unlikely to cause a disaster regression :)