The Navigation bar is disabled when the file is in "Read only" mode.
(The "Back" and "Forward" buttons are disabled.)
This creates a severe problem in navigation: After clicking a hyperlink, you cannot jump back!
To replicate this issue, follow these steps:
1. open a multi-page file that has a hyperlink (or create a test file).
2. In the View>Toolbars menu, select "Navigation" toolbar.
3. Click on the hyperlink.
The "Back" button of the Navigation toolbar becomes active.
4. Click on the "Back" button to come back to the hyperlink.
5. Click on the "Edit file" button. The file becomes read-only.
6. Now click on the hyperlink again.
But this time the "back" arrow does not become active.
I doubt that that ever worked better, [Reproducible] with "LibreOffice 3.4.5 German UI [Build ID: OOO340m1 (Build:502)]" parallel Server installation on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit).
A straight forward problem this one
Caolan McNamara committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
Resolves: fdo#52353 navigation buttons disabled in read-only mode
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
that *should* fix it
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (EasyHack SkillCpp TopicUI )