Steps to reproduce issue:
1. Open LO Calc v18.104.22.168 (RC)
2. Insert any value into cell A1 (eg 123)
3. Right Click, then select Insert Comment
4, Add any text into Comment box, close box
5. Verify comment is marked in upper right of A1 cell, and comment appears with mouse hover over
6. Save file using Save As TEST.XLS (MS Excel 97/2000/XP/2003 XLS)
7. Using LO Calc, open TEST.XLS and the comment in cell A1 has been removed/deleted
Thank you for the follow up.
Created attachment 65104 [details]
Insert Comment using LO Calc v22.214.171.124, viewable by v126.96.36.199 (RC)
Created attachment 65105 [details]
Insert Comment using LO Calc v188.8.131.52, not viewable by v184.108.40.206
Another bug clue ---
Using LO Calc 220.127.116.11, when I insert a comment, I can successfully save it and then view it using Calc v18.104.22.168 without issue.
Using Calc v22.214.171.124 as the creator of the file, when I insert a comment, save the file and reopen the file, this does not work. The inserted comments are lost whenever the file is saved/reopened.
Please see attached, and it appears that the Save As "MS Excel 97/2000/XP/2003 XLS" function in Calc v126.96.36.199 is not working properly.
Thanks again for the follow up.
duplicate of bug 52998
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 52998 ***