Bug 53396 - Spell check not working
Summary: Spell check not working
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 53006
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.6.0.4 release
Hardware: x86 (IA32) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-08-12 08:58 UTC by Joop Lanting
Modified: 2012-08-12 14:38 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Joop Lanting 2012-08-12 08:58:24 UTC
I just un-installed 3.5 (which had problems with the spell check)
and after reboot I installed 3.6 (GB version).
In the installation I specified Dutch, English and German.
Neither of these are working, every trash I type is accepted,
if I mark it for ant language as selected or all text, it does not matter.

Is this because I did not go for "Typical installation" ?

;JOOP!
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-08-12 09:40:17 UTC
Not a valid bug report, information much too rare.

Probably DUP of one of those "Update-Bundled Extensions" problems

@reporter:
Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately you are wrong here, this is the Bug tracking system, not a helpdesk! You can get assistance on
<http://ask.libreoffice.org/questions/>
or on the public users mailing list <users@libreoffice.org>, a mailing list from <http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/#lists> or
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Local_Mailing_Lists>

I believe the problem will disappear for you after you renamed the "bundled" subfolder in your user profile
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User_Profile>. For More Details please see Bug 53006

Please feel free to reopen this Bug if discussion with othe userss leaded to an assessment that we have a LibO bug and a clear and comprehensible description of the problem due to  <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport>.
Comment 2 manj_k 2012-08-12 10:29:35 UTC
Thanks for your bug report.

Please try to remove the directory 'extensions' in your LibreOffice user
profile (%appdata%\LibreOffice\3\user\extensions).
Then restart LibO 3.6.0.4.

Probably a duplicate of 'Bug 53006 - Autocorrection TWo INitial CApitals does not work because of bundled extensions problem'.
Comment 3 Joop Lanting 2012-08-12 13:04:22 UTC
NICE ...
I already removed my entire profile thanks to the first, slightly arrogant, comment.
Now I can rework ALL of my settings and tool bar edits.
Fortunately in my long career I developed the habit of creating installation
documents with step-by-step instructions and screen shots.


Anyway, spell check works again, so on my other machines I will apply your
solution, manj_k.

Well, if the malfunction of spell check since 3.5.4.2 is not a bug, then
what is it; I would like to know.

;JOOP!
Comment 4 Joop Lanting 2012-08-12 13:25:01 UTC
P.S.: I was able to restore the 'user' directories with contents of all users
from NORTON backup, so the problem was quickly solved.

Thanks for the suggestion about the user profile.

By the way, the first time you start LO after a fresh installation it does not
really go into service but it spends a lot of time constructing or rebuilding
the user profile without notice.

Might confuse new customers ................

;JOOP!
Comment 5 manj_k 2012-08-12 14:38:59 UTC
@Joop Lanting:
Thanks for your feedback.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 53006 ***