I see that with "LibreOffice 184.108.40.206 German UI/Locale [Build-ID: 4db6344] on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit), cant remember to have seen that before, but until now I did not search systematically.
Steps how to reproduce:
0. Wich En-US UI enabled launch LibO
1. New WRITER document from Start center
2. Menu -> Tools -> Options -> Writer -> General -> Settings ->
4. Click Link 'Writer'
5. Click Link 'Geneal'
6. Scroll Down so that you see Heading "Measurement unit"
Bug: Help for Checkboxes 'Use square page mode for text grid' and
'Enable Char unit' are missing
They look like some CJK enhancements. They only visible when Asian language support is selected in Language settings. I don't know how to test them.
Can you help with some Help text?
I can describe how the option enabled works for CJK, but I do not know how to write help content.
1. if "Enable Char unit" in "Measurement unit" is enabled (it is automatically enabled for CJK), the measurement unit of Format > Paragraph > Indents & Spacing settings will use "characters" and "lines" for indents and spacing.
2. How to enable Text Grid? Choose Format > Page > Text Grid, and click the radio button in front of "Grid (lines and characters)". Then click OK button.
If "Use square page mode for text grid" in "Measurement unit" is enabled (it is automatically enabled for CJK), it will make Text Grid look like square page.
Spare page is a kind of page layout in China and Taiwan (I don't know about Japan or Korea use this or not) which is used to train students to write articles. The squares are used to let users write each character in it to ensure neatness and tidiness. Here is a link what it actually look: http://stud.fhjh.tp.edu.tw/~p985/file/A4.jpg The link comes from an elementary school in Taiwan.
I find a more detail information about square page from Wikipedia, here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genk%C5%8D_y%C5%8Dshi
Hope this will help.
Andras Timar committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#53882 add help + extended tips
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.