Steps to reproduce error:
1. Right-click a text file > open with LibreOffice
2. When the "Text Import" dialog opens, click "Fixed Width"
3. Doing so causes an error: "Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice crashed. All the files you were working on will now be saved. The next time LibreOffice is launched, your files will be recovered automatically."
Note: The default character set is not always defaulting to Unicode.
1. Open LibreOffice and paste the text file contents into a calc document. This launches the "Text Import" dialog.
2. Select "Semicolon" and "Comma" > "Fixed Width." Now it allows the user to format the text.
Platform: Server 2008 R2
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 53012 ***