Created attachment 68858 [details]
excerpt from mysql log
originally reported as - https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=443873
LO produces a bogus query for tables without a primary key.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Load https://bugzilla.novell.com/attachment.cgi?id=251407 into a MySQL server of your choice
2) Create new database and connect to above database
3) optional: enable logging for your MySQL server
4) double click on table accounts which does have a primary key
5) double click on table accounts_ext which does not
Observe the difference between 4 and 5 in that cells in 4 are editable where those from 5 are not.
Find some excerpts from my MySQL log in the attachment. Pay attention to the bogus "WHERE 0=1" in both cases.
1) Yes, LibreOffice cannot open tables that don't have a primary key in read/write mode, only read-only. Write access to tables without primary key is not supported.
2) The queries with "WHERE 0=1" are not bogus, but they are LibreOffice's method of getting information on the structure of the result of the query without fetching any data.