Created attachment 70024 [details]
Screenshot: Visual glitches in "Insert Table" dialog, LOdev 2012-11-13 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
The new Widget Layout is wondeful, but some dialog windows converted to the new .ui format show minor visual glitches, at least on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel). Resetting the LibreOffice/LOdev user profile does not change this situation.
1) The “Insert Table” dialog window, available in Writer via “Table > Insert > Table...”, shows the three buttons “OK”, “Cancel” and “Help” at the right side cut off at their left side, and the button “AutoFormat” (at the bottom of the window) cutt off at its bottom. It is necessary to enlarge the dialog window manually by about 10px to the right and to the bottom in order to make the buttons to appear correctly.
See the attached screenshot.
Tested with LOdev 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (Build ID: 32315e; pull time: 2012-11-13 00:32:26) on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel).
Created attachment 70027 [details]
Screenshot: Visual glitches in "Insert Table" dialog fixed by resizing the dialog window
I do not reproduce on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 with version 22.214.171.124.alpha0+ (Build ID: 12fa9e).
Best regards. JBF
@ Jean-Baptiste Faure:
Thank you for testing! So this seems to be a MacOS-only issue ... It would be great, if someone else could test Windows.
Yeah, its a mac only problem. There's some "exciting" use of borders in macosx
Caolan McNamara committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
Resolves: fdo#57090 visual glitches on MacOSX with borders + layout
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
I have high hopes that this works :-)
(In reply to comment #6)
> I have high hopes that this works :-)
Thank you very much! I am eager to test the next daily build ...
VERIFIED as FIXED
with LOdev 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (Build ID: ed8067; pull time: 2012-11-15 03:54:19)
on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel).
The “Insert Table” dialog looks fine now by default: all buttons are completely visible.
Thank you very much again! I will check if similar problems in other dialog windows are fixed now, too ...
Caolán’s patch has also removed similar visual glitches in many other dialog windows. Here is a short list of visual problems which I had noticed in LOdev 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ (Build ID: 32315e; pull time: 2012-11-13 00:32:26) on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel), but are no longer present in LOdev 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (Build ID: ed8067; pull time: 2012-11-15 03:54:19):
* Writer, “Insert Rows” dialog: buttons were cut off at their left
side before, now they are OK
* Writer, “Insert Columns” dialog: buttons were cut off at their left side
before, now they are OK
* Writer, “Line numbering” dialog: focus ring of separator “Every” edit field
was cut off by button, now OK
* Writer, “Convert Text to Table” dialog: button “AutoFormat…” was cut off
at the top before, now OK
* Writer, “Sort” dialog: buttons and popup menu “Language” were cut off
before, now they are OK
* Writer, “Title Page” dialog: plus/minus control was heavily cut off
(barely visible!), now it is OK
* General UI, “Floating Frame Properties” dialog: buttons were heavily
cut off at their top before, now they are OK
* General UI, “Thesaurus” dialog: “Replace with” edit field, focus ring
was cut off by buttons, now OK
* General UI, “Zoom & View Layout” dialog: plus/minus control was heeavily
cut off, now it is OK
Thank you again, Caolán!
Caolán: any chance to cherry pick this commit to 3.6 branch?
As Roman said, it seems your commit fixed many different cases. Perhaps it could help for fdo#56976 (see https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56976) for example.
I guess not. The bug I reported is a data manipulation/file save bug, no gui issue.
I can't imagine that this fix has a bearing on the pptx problem. This stuff only affects dialog/widgets that sort of thing, and what it wouldn't even apply to 3-6 anyway. Must just be a coincidence