When you paste values using paste special (Text, Numbers, Date & Time) the conditional formatting is lost.
Steps to reproduce:
1. A1 Index A, B1 Index B in a new sheet.
2. A2 we fill with a
3. In B2 we add conditional formatting (Cell Value | Equal to| A2) and give it a style. I have used green as backgound.
4. Before pasting using paste special (Text, Numbers, Date & Time) we check that conditional formatting (Cell Value | Equal to| A2) is ok. It should be.
5. Now we copy value in A2 to B2 using copy and paste special (Text, Numbers, Date & Time). Both A2 and B2 now have same value and background should change. It doesn't.
6. Once again we check for conditional formatting.It is lost
7. Using CTRL+Z should restore conditional formatting, but does not return spreadsheet previous state.
Conditional formatting is lost when pasting value using paste special (Text, Numbers, Date & Time).
Conditional formatting should be preserved.
Operating System: Ubuntu
Did you check Formats when using paste special?
Created attachment 70545 [details]
Showing checked options in paste special
This will not copy conditional formats. You need to check the formats option too.
On 11/26/2012 12:42 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> *Comment # 3 <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57516#c3>
> on bug 57516 <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57516> from
> Markus Mohrhard <mailto:email@example.com> *
> This will not copy conditional formats. You need to check the formats option
> You are receiving this mail because:
> * You reported the bug.
This is not at matter of conditional copying.
Let me explain what I use this for. When I receivea Purchase Order from
our client containing a lot of information and I need to compare that to
my own information.
So for me the value of cell A2 is my expectation, while I copy / paste
the information from the received Purchase Order using 'Paste Special'
into cell B2 only with the options Text, Numbers and Date & Time. In
reality I have many more records, but it is left out for now not to
So cell B2 is having conditional formatting. I use a background color to
find the information I need to verify /controland this is activated if
B2 is not equal to A2.
The issue is that the 'Conditional Formatting' in B2 when 'Paste
Special' with the options Text, Numbers and Date & Time is lost. So I do
not wish to change formatting in B2.
Ah ok, so I don't see this issue because I already fixed it.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 56316 ***