in the client file the numbering works as expected (when a caption to an image is added), but in the master document there's just a blank instead of the number
Thanks for reporting!
Can reproduce this on Mac OS X 10.8.2. (-> not Windows only, so set platforms to 'all')
I changed the bug title from "automatic image numbering broken (master document)" to "Caption numbering lost when saving to .docx"
As title suggest, I can't reproduce this bug when saving to .odt.
How to reproduce:
* open new writer document
* insert image (Insert -> Picture -> From file...)
* select image
* right click -> Caption ...
* Use default settings: Category 'Illustration', Numbering 'Arabic', Seperator ':'
* OK. Now there is text under the image 'Illustration 1'
* File -> Save as ...
* Save document as .docx
* Close and reopen document
Current behavior: Lost caption numbering (only text 'Illustration')
Expected behavior: numbering still there after saving as .docx
Dupe of 56539 and 65285
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 56539 ***