Bug 57797 - : Sorting doesn't work
Summary: : Sorting doesn't work
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 57465
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.6.0.0.beta1
Hardware: Other Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords: regression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-12-02 09:24 UTC by Alexey
Modified: 2013-04-26 03:29 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
A test file for sorting error in LibreOffice Calc (73.81 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2013-01-19 09:02 UTC, Alexey
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Alexey 2012-12-02 09:24:28 UTC
Problem description: I have a big .ods spreadsheet with size of 95 kBytes. When my spreadsheet was smaller, all worked normally. Problems began after size of file was increased. I observed some problems with UI actions, but they were disappeared after LibreOffice Calc restart. The problem with sorting is stable. I've opened my file in LibreOffice on Win 7, and all worked normally there.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a big spreadsheet file
2. Select data
3. Choose "Main menu/Data/Sort..."
4. Choose "Current selection"
5. Uncheck "Range contains column labels"
6. Click "Ok" button

Current behavior: When I choose a block of 6 cells (1 column, 6 rows) and try to sort them (Main menu/Data/Sort..) the result of operation is the same data, i.e. unsorted. When I choose the option "Copy sort results to:" I have the same unsorted data in the destination location.

Expected behavior: The data should be sorted alphabetically. 

              
Operating System: Ubuntu
Last worked in: 3.6.3.2 release
Comment 1 Hyogapag 2012-12-13 11:08:25 UTC
Same OS, same version of LO, same problem. I tested it with both alphabetical and numerical values.
Comment 2 Hyogapag 2012-12-14 12:15:01 UTC
And today, with the same file, same OS, same version of LO, everything's fine… I'll try to reproduce the same bug as yesterday.
Comment 3 Markus Mohrhard 2013-01-18 07:21:15 UTC
Can anyone please attach a document that creates problems?
Comment 4 Alexey 2013-01-19 09:02:45 UTC
Created attachment 73278 [details]
A test file for sorting error in LibreOffice Calc

Hello.

Here is an example file "tags - LibreOffice test.ods" that made from a file I'm working with. The actual data replaced with synthetic one. This file is used for generate tags for a website. Some of operations in this spreadsheet are manual sortings when source data is being sorted and placed to a new location.

For example of faulty sorting try:
1. Open the file "tags - LibreOffice test.ods" in the LibreOffice Calc
2. Choose the page "SRC data"
3. Select a data range F11:F25
4. Select "Main menu/Data/Sort.../Current selection/Options/"
5. Uncheck "Range contains column labels"
6. Press "OK"

This action works normally on Win 7, LibreOffice Calc Version 3.6.4.3 (Build ID: 2ef5aff), and doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.10, LibreOffice Calc Version 3.6.2.2 (Build ID: 360m1(Build:2))
After this action on Ubuntu selected data stays unchanged. I noticed that row height for rows, contained selected data range reduces a little after this abnormal sorting in Ubuntu.

My Ubuntu configuration and settings are not optimal, maybe. If some tests and debugging will required on my system and this test file, I could participate.
Comment 5 Markus Mohrhard 2013-01-19 14:26:45 UTC
Ok, looks like a duplicate of Bug 57465.

Please test a daily build to make sure that it is indeed fixed. In my master build it works now correctly.
Comment 6 Markus Mohrhard 2013-01-25 22:14:08 UTC
Please reopen if it still happens: I can no longer reproduce it with my fix for the other bug.
Comment 7 Alexey 2013-01-26 14:05:30 UTC
Have purged my LibreOffice 3.6.2.2 and then installed the version 3.6.4.3 (Build ID: 2ef5aff) on Ubuntu.

My test data was sorted on this version without errors.

Then tried to install packages lodevbasis3.6-sdk_3.6.5.0-1_i386.deb and lodevbasis3.6-smoketest_3.6.5.0-1_i386.deb from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/libreoffice-3-6/Linux-x86_10-Release-Configuration/2013-01-14_13.58.27/

This doesn't install and causes an error: "Dependency is not satisfiable: lodevbasis3.6-core01". Maybe, I tried to patch my LibreOffice in the wrong way. But I'll see how will my files processed on the version 3.6.4.
Comment 8 Joel Madero 2013-04-26 03:29:58 UTC
We are reviewing regressions against minor releases of 3.6 currently as part of an effort to clean FDO.

Per comment 5 I am going to mark this as a duplicate instead of FIXED.

Also updating the version to 3.6.0.0.beta1 as this is the earliest release with the issue

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 57465 ***