Download it now!
Bug 58117 - Excel's ComboBox object is not converted correctly
Summary: Excel's ComboBox object is not converted correctly
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: BASIC (show other bugs)
(earliest affected)
3.5.4 release
Hardware: All All
: medium major
Assignee: Not Assigned
Depends on:
Blocks: Macro-VBA
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2012-12-11 07:21 UTC by NOKUBI Takatsugu
Modified: 2020-09-24 04:10 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:

a combobox example (24.00 KB, application/
2012-12-12 06:28 UTC, NOKUBI Takatsugu
converted file from combobox2.xls (12.10 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2012-12-12 06:29 UTC, NOKUBI Takatsugu
Saved as a xls file on LibO Calc (6.50 KB, application/
2012-12-12 06:30 UTC, NOKUBI Takatsugu

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-11 07:21:25 UTC
MS Excel's ComboBox has ListRows property, but LibO not.

I'm glad if the feature will be implemented.
Comment 1 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-12 06:28:26 UTC
Created attachment 71377 [details]
a combobox example
Comment 2 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-12 06:29:36 UTC
Created attachment 71378 [details]
converted file from combobox2.xls

Save as an odt file.
Comment 3 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-12 06:30:59 UTC
Created attachment 71379 [details]
Saved as a xls file on LibO Calc

ComboBox object is conveted to unknown object.
Comment 4 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-12 06:32:01 UTC
It is
Comment 5 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-12 06:32:32 UTC
I changed the subject. It is not ListBox's bug.
Comment 6 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2012-12-12 06:37:21 UTC
Sorry, I can't reproduce minimal case, but sometimes LibO Calc
converts ComboBox object to ListBox object. It is a problem.
Comment 7 Florian Reisinger 2013-04-21 14:08:05 UTC
Comparing the .ods and the .xls, the values are missing (Version (Build ID: a67943cd4d125208f4ea7fa29439551825cfb39) @Win7 x64)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2015-04-19 03:23:40 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 NOKUBI Takatsugu 2015-04-24 08:35:19 UTC
I tried on
It seems to work good.
Comment 10 QA Administrators 2016-09-20 09:34:01 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 11 QA Administrators 2020-09-24 04:10:52 UTC
Dear NOKUBI Takatsugu,

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)

If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword

Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat:

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team