Current wording might worry users, see "Bug 34390 - Add to 'Find & Replace' capability to find frame, page, list, and character styles"!
Currently in Writer menu 'Edit -> find and Replace -> More options' there is an option 'Search for styles', what seems to imply that it is possible to find Page Styles or Character Styles. But the function is limited to find Paragraph Styles. So text at checkbox should be changed from
"Search for Styles"
"Search for Paragraph Styles"
Similar situation as in WRITER
text at checkbox should be changed from
"Search for Styles"
"Search for Cell Styles"
DRAW / IMPRESS
No search for styles possible
Help texts will have to be amended, contact persons have to be added to CC.
Documentation (Manuals) will have to be amended, contact persons have to be added to CC.
Hi,I am interested in solving this hack,Can I have a shot at it?
(In reply to comment #1)
Hi, you are welcome in the team. Please
* add yourself to “Assigned to” and change Status to “Assigned”, so that we know
that you want to fix this one
* subscribe <firstname.lastname@example.org> at
on that list you can get assistance.
* If not already done
** add yourself at <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers>
** post a license statement (for details please ask on
Joel Madero or Ivan Timofeev migt be willing to be your mentor for UI
(In reply to comment #2)
Can someone help me with starting point/code pointers for this hack?Any help is appreciated.
(In reply to comment #3)
Please follow my advice precisely and ask on mailing list:
("Need help for "Bug 59397 - UI: Use more precise wording at 'Find & Replace - More Options - Styles'")
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59397>" or similar.
Here nobody will hear you asking.
See reply I send via mailinglist.
You can also look at following script: http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/dialog/srchdlg.cxx#282
as you see:
aLayoutBtn ( this, SVX_RES( CB_LAYOUTS ) ), \
aLayoutBtn is used to handle it further. And this is also handled to deactivate it for draw. You need 2 strings (the one right now you can use for WRITER only, another one you need to create by yourself for Calc only). So, copy/paste the existing string. String1 for example for Writer, and make sure it's deactivated when Calc is used; and String2 for calc (and deactivate that string when Writer is used)...
I hope this will help :-).
(In reply to comment #5)
> You need 2 strings (the one right now you can use
> for WRITER only, another one you need to create by yourself for Calc only).
> So, copy/paste the existing string. String1 for example for Writer, and make
> sure it's deactivated when Calc is used; and String2 for calc (and
> deactivate that string when Writer is used)...
Although I'm not sure of this one, because both strings has the same function ...
When you do this, you need to make sure calling both strings leads to the same function.
I just studied the code for "srchdlg.cxx" but i dont find any way out we can change the format there.Please guide me,i would be grateful.
@Rainer, Joren: Please only mark a Bug as an EasyHack if you have someone who can mentor it. I'll take it now.
So let me add the necessary details how to solve the bug.
In http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/dialog/srchdlg.cxx#705 you have some code to detect which application called the dialog.
Now we need to specialise and change the string for writer and calc. For that we need to new Strings in the src file and 2 the corresponding defines in the hrc file. These should just be two entries like:
Text [ en-US ] = "nice special text for calc";
and then merge the code together and change the label with SetText if it is called by writer/calc.
I hope that makes it clear how to solve the bug report. If you need more code pointer please ask.
(In reply to comment #9)
Thanks for your help.I have solved this bug & I have tested it on my build(Hopefully it is correct).I will submit my patch to gerrit in few hours.I thought to share it with you ,as you are the mentor of this bug.
Vishv Brahmbhatt committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#59397 Use more precise wording at 'Find & Replace - More Options - Styles'
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
I did a 'git pull -r' and 'make svx' and I can confirm this is fixed. Thank you very much :)!
Welcome!I am very much thankful to all the mentors who guided me in this bug.Thanks to @Rainer,@Jorendc,@Caolan,@dtardon and @jmadero.
(In reply to comment #12)
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (EasyHack DifficultyBeginner SkillCpp TopicUI )