Bug Hunting Session
Bug 59966 - Fails to update 4.0.0.0.beta2 By 4.1.0.0. Master
Summary: Fails to update 4.0.0.0.beta2 By 4.1.0.0. Master
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Installation (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.1.0.0.alpha0+ Master
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: mab4.0
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-01-28 10:55 UTC by Rainer Bielefeld Retired
Modified: 2013-02-02 08:31 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Error Message (42.19 KB, image/png)
2013-01-28 10:55 UTC, Rainer Bielefeld Retired
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-01-28 10:55:45 UTC
Created attachment 73766 [details]
Error Message

When I tried to replace my parallel Dev installation of  
"LibO  4.0.0.0.beta2   -  GERMAN UI / German Locale  [Build ID: 4104d660979c57e1160b5135634f732918460a0)]"  {tinderbox: @6, pull time 2012-12-20} on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) with separate /4 User Profile for Master Branch 
by doubleclick on master~2013-01-27_00.22.13_LibO-Dev_4.1.0.0.alpha0_Win_x86.msi Installation will fail (In Win Admin Mode with Admin permissions) after a while without any Installation. Message: The wizard was interrupted .... .The system has not been modified.

It does not matter whether I do "Typical" or "Custom"

After "Please wait a while" I have to confirm admin permissons for win, and after few seconds I see attached message.
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-01-28 11:23:00 UTC
Worked fine after I had uninstalled 4.0.0.0.beta2 and all 4 Help packages.

Not many normal users will be affected. But might indicate a deeper problem if reproducible.
Comment 2 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-02-01 20:08:52 UTC
Same mess with update from 4.0.0.2 to 4.0.0.3.
Comment 3 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-02-02 08:31:58 UTC
And - of ocurse - it worked when I did the update form 4.0.0.2 to 4.0.0.3 iwht log option today. Difference was that I did a typical installation instead of custom installation.
But also uninstall 4.0.0.3, installation 4.0.0.2 and then update with 4.0.0.3 did not reproduce the problem.

So closing WFM for now.

In future I will do all installations with enabled log (option /L*V), if the problem happens again, may be we can get some hints from there.