It seems that filesave not exactly saving information about column width & freeze window. I can't attach a file because this inconsistent behaviour. One time it is saved correctly, another time column width change & freezed column/row disappear.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any microsoft excel 97/2000/xp/2003 file (.xls) -> we call it bug.xls
2. Create some data with some columns, freeze a row and/or column
3. Save & close the file (bug.xls)
4. Open other file(s), do some changes, & save the file(s)
5. Open bug.xls, see if any changes with column width and/or freezed row/column
6. If no changes, keep bug.xls file and try opening another time or repeat from step 1 with other changes to the file (add columns or change freezed row/column)
Current behavior: inconsistent column width & freeze can disappear after filesave (and opening another time)
Expected behavior: consistent column width & freeze after filesave
Note: using ubuntu 12.04.2 lts 32bit (updated yesterday), this bug also happen with win7 home premium 32bit (using LO 126.96.36.199 & LO 188.8.131.52)
Operating System: Ubuntu
Version: 184.108.40.206 release
Created attachment 76317 [details]
spreadsheet file with many workbooks
I'm trying to create a sample file with many workbooks that has column width fitted and column-row freezed in everyworkbooks.
However as I explained before, this behaviour is predictable. One should try few times opening and saving that file on different time while in-between working on different files/documents.
It seems that if a spreadsheet created/saved and then reopened with same LO version, column width has 'more' consistent behaviour. But if you upgrade LO, that format absolutely broken..
Found that if you only change column/row to freeze/unfreeze, file would not be saved. Probably freeze settings not saved properly on the file?
Freeze function still can't be saved in LO 220.127.116.11
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 61060 ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 49742 ***