Bug Hunting Session
Bug 62083 - ASKLIBREOFFICE: AskLibO: Upvote and downvote arrows don't have tool tips poping up
Summary: ASKLIBREOFFICE: AskLibO: Upvote and downvote arrows don't have tool tips popi...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: WWW (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
unspecified
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-03-10 04:18 UTC by bugquestcontri
Modified: 2013-07-22 09:09 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
screen shot showing the hint that clicking this button marks the answer as correct (180.77 KB, image/png)
2013-07-22 09:05 UTC, bugquestcontri
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description bugquestcontri 2013-03-10 04:18:05 UTC
Problem description: 
When I hover with my cursor over the upvote or downvote arrow, no information pops up and thus I assume that there are many people who don't use these buttons because they don't know what happens. I was one of them.

Additionally the help information for AskLibO should have more information about the entire help system, buttons, votes etc. 

I remember having seen once a page with a bit of information on karma but can right not find it back for explanations here.

I willing to test if needed.
Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 3.6.5.2 release
Comment 1 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2013-03-10 04:27:24 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Problem description: 
> When I hover with my cursor over the upvote or downvote arrow, no
> information pops up and thus I assume that there are many people who don't
> use these buttons because they don't know what happens. I was one of them.

Good point.

> Additionally the help information for AskLibO should have more information
> about the entire help system, buttons, votes etc. 

Sure. Sounds like a good idea to me!

> I remember having seen once a page with a bit of information on karma but
> can right not find it back for explanations here.

Perhaps the FAQ?
http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/faq/

> I willing to test if needed.
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Version: 3.6.5.2 release

Excellent -- better docs for the Ask site would be a good idea.

I've started to stub-in some information about the Ask site here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Ask

I wouldn't be opposed to moving (most) documentation for the Ask site to the wiki. Thoughts?
Comment 2 bugquestcontri 2013-03-10 10:59:55 UTC
Thanks for the link and support to the request. 

I don't understand enough on the entire situation to comment on Asksite to wiki.
Comment 3 retired 2013-07-17 09:44:10 UTC
Hi all, setting platform to ALL. Since not LO related setting Version to UNSPECIFIED.

I have to say I disagree with the tooltip enhancement request for the up/down voting arrows. Imo those are very obvious as similar to all forums across the web. Up/down for voting isn't a new concept and I believe most users are familiar with that. Please don't clutter the askLO page with tooltips (e.g. similar to BSA which had a tooltip in the component selection view - cluttering the whole view and being very annoying). I see the danger of instead of presenting a clean self-explanatory UI overwhelming the user with info (displayed out of good intention) but resulting in a much too busy overall UI.


Voting is explained here: http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/help/
I've just added a voting explanation to the wiki as well: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Ask/Getting_Started

bugquestcontri: Editing the wiki is rather straight forward. May I suggest to sign up with a new account? You can then add more info to the getting started page describing the askLO page. If you need any help you can always jump on the QA IRC chan (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/IRC) :)

Closing this bug.
Comment 4 bugquestcontri 2013-07-22 09:05:31 UTC
Created attachment 82808 [details]
screen shot showing the hint that clicking this button marks the answer as correct
Comment 5 bugquestcontri 2013-07-22 09:09:06 UTC
James, thanks for working on this topic but it is not about editing the wiki. It is about answers to questions on the AskLibO site. 

I attached a screenshot where a little text window pops up when the cursor hovers over the little green check mark. This is excellent. 

Currently I am missing such information for the up vote and down vote arrow style button above the "correct answer button"