Created attachment 77346 [details]
A simple odg file with form fields.
When creating a form in an odg file it will not save the form field control properties, such as the background colour or the border of the form field.
This works in odt files, but not in odg files.
Important note: If you want to create a form on top of a pdf you can't use an odt file, you have to use an odg file.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new libreoffice drawing
2. Make the form controls toolbar visible
3. Turn on design mode
4. Select the text box option from the tool bar
5. Create a text box
6. Right click on the text box and select "Control..."
7. In the properties box under the General tab change the Border style to "without frame"
8. In the properties box under the General tab change the Background color to "green"
9. Close the properties dialog box
10. Save the file you have created and close Libreoffice
11. Re-open the file and the properties you have set will not be there.
Note that I have also looked at the xml generated in content.xml - the properties are not saved in this file for odg files, but are saved in odt files. I even tried manually introducing these properties in an odg file's content.xml, but when you open the odg file it ignores and removes these properties.
works perfectly to increase the love of open source software ;-)
Operating System: Mac OS X
Version: 22.214.171.124 release
Thanks for reporting!
I can reproduce this behavior using Mac OSX 10.8.3 with LibreOffice Version 126.96.36.199 (Build ID: 4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3)
TinderBox: MacOSX TDF Release, Branch:libreoffice-4-0, Time: 2013-03-26_15:52:16;
Therefore I mark this bug as NEW.
Medium: does prevent you to make high quality work
High: our own file format/libreoffice doesn't handle the values right.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 57631 ***