Download it now!
Bug 64370 - Templates with Different File Name but Same Title are not Displayed in Template Manager
Summary: Templates with Different File Name but Same Title are not Displayed in Templa...
Status: RESOLVED INSUFFICIENTDATA
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: LibreOffice (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Template-Manager
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-05-08 21:41 UTC by Harald Koester
Modified: 2020-07-04 03:37 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Harald Koester 2013-05-08 21:41:03 UTC
In order to reproduce do:

[1] Create new text document template: 
  (a) Open new document and insert some letters 
  (b) Set document title to „Test“: File → Properties... → Description → Title
  (c) Save file as text document template (e.g. Test1.ott) into your template folder, do not close document

[2] Create another template with the same title:
  (a) Go on with the same document, modify document.
  (b) Save file as text document template but with a different file name (e.g. Test2.ott)

[3] Close document.

[4] Display text document templates: Click on „Templates...“ → Documents → My Templates. Only one template with the name „Test“ is displayed !!! Expected: Display of two templates with the name „Test“. It would be even better if the file name is also displayed: e.g. „Test (Test1.ott)“

I assume that the same problem also exists with the other types of templates (spreadsheets, etc.), but I did not checked it.
Comment 1 Joel Madero 2013-05-10 18:59:56 UTC
Hm this is by design so I want to get the right feedback.

Cedric & Rafael - thoughts here?
Comment 2 Cédric Bosdonnat 2013-05-14 13:57:31 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Hm this is by design so I want to get the right feedback.
> 
> Cedric & Rafael - thoughts here?

I guess it's a design bug... and for sure this needs to be addressed.
Comment 3 Cor Nouws 2013-10-20 19:32:17 UTC
honestly, as far as I know this has been the case for a long time in OOo too.

(There is some meganism behind doning stuff with UI names and a different file holding numbers, pulling names together from different locations. Ah well..)
Comment 4 Cédric Bosdonnat 2014-01-20 09:00:24 UTC
Restricted my LibreOffice hacking area
Comment 5 Joel Madero 2015-05-02 15:42:20 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 6 Cor Nouws 2015-05-03 15:03:37 UTC
Still the same in 4.4.3.2
Comment 7 g_winkelmann 2016-02-21 08:57:51 UTC
I am confused about the status to show the "name" (hiding under options/preferences/property (I don't know the English term for "Eigenschaft") of the document) and no file name.
I realized this after reading this bug.
So I want the feature to get the information about the file name of the template.
The actual situation is that I copy any template with another file name to change it and save as another file name. And wonder why I cannot see the change in the Template Manager!
Comment 8 Joel Madero 2016-02-21 16:58:34 UTC
Please don't mess with the top stuff if you don't know what all of it means. Reverting changes.
Comment 9 QA Administrators 2017-11-26 17:11:59 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 Harald Koester 2017-11-30 20:03:05 UTC
Checked again with version 5.4.3. With the new template manager the bug does not appear any longer. Hence set to RESOLVED WONTFIX.
Comment 11 Harald Koester 2017-11-30 21:18:19 UTC
My last comment is not complete. If you save a template with "Menu: File > Templates > Save as template ..." there is no problem. But if you save templates with "Menu: File > Save as... > Type file name and choose file type: ODF Text Document Template (.ott) (*.ott)" the proplem still exists. Hence set status back to NEW.
Comment 12 QA Administrators 2018-12-03 03:59:23 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 13 Harald Koester 2018-12-04 22:13:19 UTC
Bug according comment 11 still exists with version 6.1.3 (64 bit, Win 10).
Comment 14 QA Administrators 2019-12-05 04:26:20 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 15 Cor Nouws 2019-12-05 09:16:09 UTC
For me it now works in master 6.5 
Version: 6.5.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: a81489978cb96d819044be054f7ceabc4f8eccb2
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2019-11-24_02:51:20
Locale: nl-NL (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

How about you, Harald?
Comment 16 QA Administrators 2020-06-03 03:48:58 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 17 QA Administrators 2020-07-04 03:37:36 UTC
Dear Harald Koester,

Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.

Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):

a) Provide details of your system including your operating
   system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
   confirmed the bug to be present

b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better

c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem

d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help

e) Read all comments and provide any requested information

Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:

a) respond via email 

b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
   on the top section of our bug tracker

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-NeedInfo-FollowUp