Bug Hunting Session
Bug 65230 - changing superscript size changes rendered body text size in Formula Editor
Summary: changing superscript size changes rendered body text size in Formula Editor
Status: RESOLVED WONTFIX
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Formula Editor (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.0.1.2 release
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-06-01 09:19 UTC by Yury
Modified: 2015-12-14 15:28 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
screenshot (1.78 KB, image/png)
2013-06-01 09:19 UTC, Yury
Details
sample in scrrenshot (15.18 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2013-06-01 09:24 UTC, Yury
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Yury 2013-06-01 09:19:40 UTC
Created attachment 80113 [details]
screenshot
Comment 1 Yury 2013-06-01 09:23:35 UTC
If superscript sizes are changed in "font sizes" in Formula Editor, this affects the rendering output, making it perceptibly smaller (?!), at least for the capitals, w/r to the text rendered with superscript size being the only difference.

The sample doc contains text in 'CMU Serif', all formula fonts in 'CMU Serif', with *text* superscripts at 70%, the right formula has superscripts at 70%, the left -- at 60%, and the capital A in it is rendered perceptibly smaller.
Comment 2 Yury 2013-06-01 09:24:05 UTC
Created attachment 80114 [details]
sample in scrrenshot
Comment 3 QA Administrators 2015-03-17 00:09:33 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

    Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (4.4.1 or later)
    https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

    If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
  
  If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System

Please DO NOT

    Update the version field
    Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
    Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)

http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa

Thank you for your help!

-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEW Message was generated on: 2015-03-16
Comment 4 Jean-Baptiste Faure 2015-03-28 17:48:34 UTC
I do not have CMU Serif font installed on my PC and I do not reproduce the problem with the fallback font.
Please could you try with a standard font like Liberation or DejaVu?
In your test file the formula used is "tilde A" but looks like if you typed "A". Why?

This bug report has never been confirmed independently. Please do not set your own bug report to new.

Setting to NEEDINFO, please set statud back to UNCONFIRMED once you have provided requested informations.

Best regards. JBF
Comment 5 Yury 2015-03-28 19:52:06 UTC
Tried with Liberation Serif and Times New Roman. With these faces, at least, the issue seems to be fixed in 4.4.0.3; not (back)fixed in 4.3.6.2.
Comment 6 Yury 2015-03-29 05:29:42 UTC
And render of "tilde A" might be cropped vertically and so look like "A" -- in some combinations of body font(s) and element font (e.g., OpenSymbol which is included into LO/OOO distro).
Comment 7 Buovjaga 2015-04-04 13:30:27 UTC
(In reply to Yury from comment #6)
> And render of "tilde A" might be cropped vertically and so look like "A" --
> in some combinations of body font(s) and element font (e.g., OpenSymbol
> which is included into LO/OOO distro).

I noticed this in 4.4 with attachment 80114 [details]. But when I double clicked into the tilde As, back out, saved and reloaded, the tilde stayed visible.
On Ubuntu, LibO 4.2, the tildes did not stay visible after save & reload.

If the commit that fixed this is found by bibisect, I guess it could be backported to 4.3.7. Adding requests.

Win 7 Pro 64-bit, Version: 4.4.2.2
Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
Locale: fi_FI

Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit
Version: 4.2.0.4
Build ID: 05dceb5d363845f2cf968344d7adab8dcfb2ba71
Comment 8 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-12-14 05:34:37 UTC
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (bibisectRequest)
[NinjaEdit]
Comment 9 Joel Madero 2015-12-14 15:28:48 UTC
We didn't do the bibisect fast enough - 4.x is reaching end of life and won't have any more releases in time to really look at this to see if we can backport. Closing.