Created attachment 80152 [details]
DOCX containing text that was formatted during 'Track Changes'
When loading a DOCX in LO that contains track change information that relates to text formatting , and saving it as NEW.DOCX - it does not export the formatting information to NEW.DOCX.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load that attached DOCX in LO (the DOCX contains text that was formatted when changes are tracked)
2. LO doesn't show the formatted changes in the margin
3. Save as NEW.DOCX
4. Load NEW.DOCX in MS Word
5. Word doesn't show the formatting changes
2nd way to reproduce:
1. Start Writer
2. write some text
3. Turn on 'Record Changes'
4. select a word and make it 'Bold'
5. select a word and format it with 'strikethrough'
6. save as NEW.DOCX
7. load NEW.DOCX in MS Word
8. Word doesn't show the formatting changes
MS Word doesn't show the formatted changes in the margin
MS Word should show the formatted changes in the margin
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 22.214.171.124 release
I can confirm this using Mac OSX 10.8.3 with LibreOffice 126.96.36.199 RC1 and Word for Mac 2011.
Adam Co committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#65265 : fix for DOCX export of formatting data
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.